First piece, some chisels and a demo piece for interest

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xc-mtbr

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all right finally got some chisels Robert Sorby set pictured below, very happy!!

Also pictured is a coconut turned goblet thingy which i watched at a demo from my local woodturning group, very interesting and something i'd love to do once proficient.

Now i have chisels the other two pics are of the first things i have ever turned, fabulous experience and my alarm is set for 6 tomorrow to get cracking!! So adicitve, the piece isn't anything specific just practising beads,v'd and curves etc etc

IMAG0113.jpg

IMAG0116.jpg

IMAG0114.jpg

IMAG0115.jpg

Thanks for looking Tony

Are you saying that that is the first thing you have ever turned?If so it is bloody marvelous. Where is the end grain tear out, where are the tool marks, where is the sanding rings? It looks like oak which just adds insult to injury as it is not the easiest of woods to get a good finish on. Next step hollow forms and trembleurs? I am sorry but this is not good enough. Please show us the tatty pieces that the rest of us turned out when we started

Pete

Nice - for a first go

put a recess in the top and you've made a candle stick ;) - then the challenge is to make a matching one :D

( I recognise that wood ;) )

Thanks thats really nice of you guys, wood wise, im unsure, it came from an old church pew but was not thick enough alone, so i glued two pieces together to turn and practice on thats the line you can see on the left.
Tools are fab i'm so happy its untrue, most of this was done with the skew chisel i found this easiest to handle.

xc-mtbr":21i41c1o said:
with the skew chisel i found this easiest to handle.

now we really hate you :lol:

you are clearly a natural, as most turners (me included) find the skew the hardest thing to pick up.

Latest posts

Back