Finally finished!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SP

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

What with other jobs it's taken me nearly a year to complete this!

Hope you enjoy the pics.

1269605311_resized.jpg

1269605301_resized.jpg

1269605292_resized.jpg

1269605283_resized.jpg

1269605274_resized.jpg

Have a great weekend,
Stephen

Hi Stephen,
Love the work especially the bed.

Was it the bed you have just finished? or all the bedroom furniture?

Regards

4463898367_7ca4a02509.jpg

You need the image location, it should always end in .jpg you've just linked the flicker page the picture is on :wink:

That bed is amazing, looks fantastic!

No I've just finished the wardrobes. Couldn't drag myself to make them. Found them really boring - big flat things.

I loved making the bed - it was probably the most interesting thing I've done. Lovely big sections of wood!

Very nice. Particularly like the bed.

Excuse my ignorance but what is the thing in the last picture? I'm guessing you hang clothes off it somehow.

Lovely job, if that doesn't get you in the wifes good books nothing will. What did you finish the cherry with?

Thanks Alan,

Finished with 3 or 4 coats of Danish oil and wax final finish.

On the bedside tables and tops of drawers used poly/danish 50/50 to give some more water resistance. Maybe not necessary but was a tip I was given years ago and kinda stuck with it.

Stephen

TrimTheKing":1e9ldsao said:
woodbloke":1e9ldsao said:
Nice job...I won't mention the sap 8-[ :wink: - Rob
I must be developing psychic powers, when I saw the sap I knew I would see a comment from you about it, you big woman ;)

Nice work btw :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: - Rob

The sap is visible on the tall chest as pale areas - particularly near the bottom.

I really don't mind t but I know some people want a really uniform colour across the piece.

You pays yer money, you takes yer choice.

Stephen

Just noticed the electric blanket and thought you must be one of those southern softees who cant stand the cold :lol: then saw you are from the North East, which part.

Matt_S":lfpzs3c6 said:
Where is the sap... I know there's often debate on this but what does it mean?! :?
It's the paler, whiter timber that you can see in places.
As most folks around here know, I don't do sap :p - Rob

That is very nice. I think it is one thing to do a single piece of furniture but to do a whole set requires a lot of dedication. Lovely work, nice proportions good finishing what more can i say.
Owen

Back