Fighting talk

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattty

Established Member
Reaction score
An appropriate topic on the forum recently!

Does anyone listen to Fighting Talk- -the Saturday morning show. I've tried to catch it when i can for the past couple of years. It never fails to leave me laughing. Very funny.

Mattty":3j38tcq7 said:
An appropriate topic on the forum recently!

Does anyone listen to Fighting Talk- -the Saturday morning show. I've tried to catch it when i can for the past couple of years. It never fails to leave me laughing. Very funny.

Hi Mattty, I like a good laugh (we can certainly do with it these days), but what is the Saturday morning show? TV or radio?

Cheers

Mike

Thats the one. Well worth a listen in my opinion. It's a light hearted sports based topical comedy chat type show!

Fighting Talk is awesome, I'll listen to Rick Wakeman on Planet Rock from 10-11am and then FT from 11. It's even better on a DAB radio too

Is it similar to 'Not The Nine-o-clock' News.

I can bear most of that, but at times, there's humour that leans towards sick.

(The 'irrepressible' Jo Brand seemed to think that an aircraft falling out of the sky is funny, because Nigel Farage of the UKIP happened to be on board. How sick can you get?)

Regardless of politics, someone almost getting killed isn't funny.. Is it?

John

Benchwayze":3i5xyxt7 said:
The 'irrepressible' Jo Brand seemed to think that an aircraft falling out of the sky is funny, because Nigel Farage of the UKIP happened to be on board. How sick can you get?

It raised a smile with me...

BradNaylor":jvdcd3ao said:
Benchwayze":jvdcd3ao said:
The 'irrepressible' Jo Brand seemed to think that an aircraft falling out of the sky is funny, because Nigel Farage of the UKIP happened to be on board. How sick can you get?

I thought the pilot had been killed?

Miles

miles_hot":39xi00wi said:
BradNaylor":39xi00wi said:
Benchwayze":39xi00wi said:

Miles

Not according to the paper I read - which also adopted a rather light-hearted approach to the story.

Benchwayze":5lb1qzrj said:

(The 'irrepressible' Jo Brand seemed to think that an aircraft falling out of the sky is funny, because Nigel Farage of the UKIP happened to be on board. How sick can you get?)

John

Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh.

George Bernard Shaw.

miles_hot":1i7nu12r said:
BradNaylor":1i7nu12r said:
Benchwayze":1i7nu12r said:

Miles
Miles,

I think Brand was referring more to the plight of Farage. I can't imaine Brand being a lover of UKIP (Is anyone?) and to judge from her face she was delighted to have a 'chance' to knock the guy. Even the LibDem with the unpronounceable name got his few penn'orth in, with a snide remark about flying backwards. He can talk! He lost his seat!

I am led to believe someone in UKIP has died, and it might have been the pilot. Either way, I don't think it's funny.

John

Setch":1nj1gdie said:
Benchwayze":1nj1gdie said:

John

Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh.

George Bernard Shaw.

I agree to a point. Life goes on, and it's different for all of us, for different reasons. Which is what GBS was saying. That's not the same as laughing at someone's misfortune.

I say no more..

Hat, coat and gone..

John :wink:

Benchwayze":1jse4mum said:
I am led to believe someone in UKIP has died.
John

Just for the sake of factual accuracy, and without expressing a view on the derivation of humour from the aircraft accident. The UKIP member who died was John Boakes, the candidate for Thirsk and Malton. His death was unconnected with the accident.

Back