Festool TS 55

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone out there ever had the blade re-sharpened for the above saw?

Mines about ready for either a new blade or having it re-sharpened.

Yes I've had mine sharpened after hammering it by ripping some 3" sawn long oak boards from both sides. Came back good as new.
Anton Saws at Collingbourne Ducis, Wilts.
Cheers
Malcolm

Yes Waka I had mine done once it was about £10 at my local tool shop I dont know where they send them .

They seem to stay sharp for ages I have been hanging a lot of pressed panel fire doors lately and you always hit bloody staples when cutting them down but it doesnt seem to affect the Festool blades.

I remember the Festool Rep talking about this the other week. I think you have to make sure the saw doctor is using a laser system as opposed to the old method.

chippy1970":3puugtyi said:
Yes Waka I had mine done once it was about £10 at my local tool shop I dont know where they send them .

They seem to stay sharp for ages I have been hanging a lot of pressed panel fire doors lately and you always hit bloody staples when cutting them down but it doesnt seem to affect the Festool blades.

Good to know, i done exactly that on my ts75 today, i wasn't a happy chappy 2 mins later i hit a 16g brad........turnip!!!!!

IT's not even a week old, The blade still seems sharp though.

wizer":37ibqlhm said:
I remember the Festool Rep talking about this the other week. I think you have to make sure the saw doctor is using a laser system as opposed to the old method.

Tom

Not to sure why unless the laser job keeps them perfectly balanced, anyone else any idea?

When I speak to the firms tomorrow I will ask what their method is.

Thanks for the tip.

wizer":1ya6jyvf said:

Nice to see a sales rep doing his job.....

and talking through his backside.....

all TCT saws are resharpened in the same way with a diamond grit wheel on a standard saw grinding machine.

I'm curious to see the outcome - i think if i have to find somebody to laser sharpen my blades its going to cost me more than 1€ per tooth.

Back