Festool Retailer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

segovia

Established Member
Reaction score
I am contemplating the Festool Portable Table Saw.

I have bought from various retailers in the past and I appreciate prices between retailers vary very little

Who is your go-to retailer for Festool ?

Regards

J

have a look at some of peter millards videos on this -
he ordered the festool table saw i think around jan / feb and still had not arrived , so he ordered from amazon and had it within a couple of days ....

as said before - check its in stock and available for delivery

have a look at some of peter millards videos on this -
he ordered the festool table saw i think around jan / feb and still had not arrived , so he ordered from amazon and had it within a couple of days ....

as said before - check its in stock and available for delivery
Should be a ‘first impressions’ video out this Friday. 👍 But yes, I pre-ordered and paid in full on January 26th, cancelled May 26th, ordered from Amazon on Sunday 28th and received the saw the following Wednesday (bank holiday weekend). The stock does seem to be coming through to the dealers now, but it’s been a clusterfcuk of a new product launch. 🤦‍♂️

Nuts & Bolts have usually been good on price but they don't have (or didn't have and may have upped their game) the greatest reputation for communicating any problems. I just avoid them now having had a good few items taking weeks to come and seeing others in a Festool FB group having similar episodes.

FFX are usually good on price and delivery. Their eBay store regularly takes part in eBays 15% discount events. They do bump their prices up compared to their own site for these events so you're not really getting a full 15% off - but it still comes out a bit cheaper.

Axminster have priced themselves out of my Festool radar as you can nearly always find somewhere cheaper. Previously, they were competitively priced and service was tip-top; I've not bought anything from them recently so, hopefully, that hasn't changed.

Toucan Tools (as mentioned above) and Healy's Tools (now "Edisons") have been great all round.

The Evil Empire (Amazon) are good for occasional clearance / discounted items. If there's something you're wanting [just not tomorrow] pointing a price monitoring service like Keepa or CamelCamelCamel at the item in question can yield a hefty saving. They'll usually have a price history where you can see if / when the item was discounted and you can ask to be notified when it reaches your target price. This works well for Wera gear too especially their wallet-bothering larger tool sets.

A lot of my Festool stuff came secondhand from eBay and after receipt I send it off to Festool for check over and repair where necessary. Check out the website for details. You don’t have to accept what they say in terms of repair and they send it back to you if you decide not to go ahead.

Other than that, in my early days I picked up a Festool CTM36 AC shop vac from auction for £100 in a poor condition, smashed top and front plate. I cleaned off all the paint on it as best I could then popped it off to Festool Who charged me just over £200 for the repairs. So for around £300-£350 i got myself a very respectable looking working machine which would normally cost in excess of £500 even secondhand.

Also check out ElsonsOnline also on eBay based in St Albans he has a lot of new/ex demo items of all makes. I just replaced my old Ryobi drill with a Festool TPC 18/4 Quadrive with 2 4ah batteries in systainer with standard chucks and bits for £315. Then bought the charger from FFX which was cheaper than getting it included. With the 2 batteries it now gives me the flexibly to pick up the Impact driver, body only for £185.

As always, whilst it can be confusing in terms of offerings between suppliers about what’s included what’s not included extra/free batteries etc.etc. do your research.

CG

I've used powertoolmate recently for kapex saw better than ffx and good service. I hadn't previously heard of them and was a bit suspicious but all good.

I generally shop around best prices I've found are ToolNation in the Netherlands, Sauter Shop in Germany. With a bit of patience I've picked up a few items for decent prices.

Back