Festool query

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geno

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Is it actually possible to get any deals on festool machine purchases or is it a case of trying to get the discount on the accessories?

Its always nice to get some sort of discount :)

Cheers

I think they are generally sold on the basis that you are very privileged to be able to buy them at all!

Having said that it's best to set up a few search notifications etc and wait for someone who is indeed offering a bit of a discount - often on some add-on , a systainer or somesuch. Also of course, do try and persuade any dealer who has what you want to do some sort of deal - he may have just what you always wanted on a special for a good customer like you..

I always find that the dealers always quote the same price. The good thing i find is that at least i dont end spending loads only then to find someone else has got the same thing but fifty quid cheaper - as happened when i purchased a dewalt chopsaw!

Cheers Dave

Cheers lads,

It is one small consolation, that you don't miss a cracking price somewhere.

I took a quick wee look (like plenty of others I'm sure) about purchasing in USA and Germany ( fortunate enough to have family in both countries) it appeared to be a lot more expensive to buy in Germany and considerably cheaper in the states if you are comparing purchase prices alone.

Nice items to have but turns in to a lot of money if you want the "system" :)

A dealer I use is now willing to give 5% on tools. I am not sure if that is a sign of loosening of policy - they say they've just taken the decision to do it.

Great news Jake! I think i'll need to start having a bit more of a haggle with the dealers near me as i am looking at the festool chopsaw but my heart keeps arguing with my head! thats why i originall went with the dewalt.

Thanks for the tip on google alerts!!! thats brill. I'm coming around to festool. I spent a bit of time watching youtube vids and am thinking i could save a lot of time with some of their gear. I'm selling my Bosh table saw and getting the table. I did notice there was a price difference of almost a hundred pounds on ebay. I couldn't see any difference in the tables but i could be wrong.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390158675287&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

and

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FESTOOL-49531...Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM?hash=item3a470d0231

same model numbers

woodsworth":28j2ntlp said:
Thanks for the tip on google alerts!!! thats brill. I'm coming around to festool. I spent a bit of time watching youtube vids and am thinking i could save a lot of time with some of their gear. I'm selling my Bosh table saw and getting the table. I did notice there was a price difference of almost a hundred pounds on ebay. I couldn't see any difference in the tables but i could be wrong.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390158675287&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

and

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FESTOOL-49531...Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM?hash=item3a470d0231

same model numbers

They do look the same, strange. You don't often see that kind of price difference with Festool. Must be something we are missing?

I have often looked at this kind of setup. The EZ Smart system is smilar with much more versatility. But I just don't know if I could get on with it. Like a lot of tools, I'd love to have a proper try out to see if I could really utilise it. Although even at the cheaper price £450 for a table to cut wood on is spendy! :shock: It must be quite easy to make the table frame and the mdf tops for much cheaper and just add the Festool parts?

Strange in'it they won't drop prices because its the "best" and yet there flogging it on ebay!
same place as macallister :lol:

Re the MFT, one may be the newest version and another the older. I know they were releasing a new one read something about it on the festool forums.

Deals are available for those who ask! You will be expected o keep your deal a secret, or so I'm told.

woodsworth":cyavgvlr said:

and

same model numbers

You see that a lot I have a good idea the £458 is the old price, most Festool stuff went up recently so £508 is the new price. Its probably old stock so they are allowed to sell at old prices only guessing, It is exactly the same table the MFT3.

My dealer normally gives me another 5% but they dont advertise it. Some people get all irate about Festool's so called price fixing but as others have said it is fair you know you're not going to see the tool you have paid £500 for at £400 somewhere else a week later.

GENO,

Beware they call it the slippery slope once you buy Festool and see how good it is you will buy more and more :lol: :lol:

chippy1970":19ehh71n said:
My dealer normally gives me another 5% but they dont advertise it. Some people get all irate about Festool's so called price fixing but as others have said it is fair you know you're not going to see the tool you have paid £500 for at £400 somewhere else a week later:

I will never understand that logic. It amounts to saying that it is a good thing to pay more because of price fixing because everyone has to pay more because of price fixing.

Jake":3d3xeozb said:
chippy1970":3d3xeozb said:
My dealer normally gives me another 5% but they dont advertise it. Some people get all irate about Festool's so called price fixing but as others have said it is fair you know you're not going to see the tool you have paid £500 for at £400 somewhere else a week later:

I will never understand that logic. It amounts to saying that it is a good thing to pay more because of price fixing because everyone has to pay more because of price fixing.

What a stupid remark :roll:

how do you work that out if everyone pays the same then no one pays "MORE" or "LESS" you all pay the "SAME"

Anyway Im not getting into some big Festool argument its been done to death on here at the end of the day.

I suspect that the dealers giving a discount are doing it on their own volition without festools knowledge. I doubt festool would be happy about it at all. This does tell you that even within the difference between what festool charges the dealer and what the dealer has to charge there is room to barter. Even if it means something thrown in or what ever.

Price fixing can only happen if everyone agrees with it. Tell a dealer who has stock sitting on the shelf who needs to move it that he can't make a deal if he wants and I'll show you someone who is ready to deal.

chippy1970":24jh51jx said:
Jake":24jh51jx said:
chippy1970":24jh51jx said:

What a stupid remark :roll:

Err, OK.

how do you work that out if everyone pays the same then no one pays "MORE" or "LESS" you all pay the "SAME"

Everyone is paying more because the price is fixed to stop people competing on price, which results in lower prices. Its called competition, or basic economics, or common sense etc. It is how market economies work and it is the reason why price fixing is illegal in most modern market economies. Price fixing prevents competition and results in higher prices (that being the purpose of doing it in the first place).

Accordingly, the reason you don't see the tool at £400 is because no-one is allowed to sell it at that price even if they wanted to. If they were allowed to, some might, and then the others would have to price match (or sell on better service, etc). You, having paid £500 are no worse off if it is available at £400 elsewhere. You are £500 down either way.

However, if it is available at £400 elsewhere, then other people, who realise that they are less worse off paying £400 than £500 can pay £400 instead. You might feel like you overpaid, but that is because you did. So to say that no-one else should be able to purchase it for less than you did is quite simply to say that everyone should pay more.

This really is not rocket science, so there's no reason why your eyes should be rolling around in your head like that.

Chippy,

Well aware of the slippery slope! :) And thats only the festool slope... trying to acquire some hand planes too........ :?

Chems that seems like a crackin price for the domino! Your haggling techniques must be a lot better than mine :)

Latest posts

Back