Festool Plunge Cut Saw - 55mm

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim123

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening All,

My tax return has just landed and i can just about afford this but....there's always a part of me that wants a better deal. Now i know that Festool are not one for doing deals etc but does anyone know anywhere that can be flexible with the pricing on this kind of kit....alternatively, does anyone who owns either the dewalt or makita plunge cut think that they're near to the festool in terms of quality....a long shot i know (on both counts) but it's always worth asking before i splash out £455.

Thanks gents.....

Oh no dont ask that question :shock: :lol: just kidding. My first Festool purchase was the TS55 back in 2007 I now have a few Festool tools and dont regret any of them and I would say the ts55 was the best. You wont get any discount really unless you know your local dealer very well but if not you may get a few freebie accessories instead depends how much you are spending.

Regarding quality I personally dont think the Makita or the Dewalt come anywhere near the Festool the Mafell saw is near the quality but more expensive.

Its up to you at the end of the day personal choice, I used to look at Festool gear and think why would anyone pay that much for a tool but once you have used a quality tool you will see why. Look on the Festool site see if there is a demo near you oh and add your location to your profile then we can see where you are and maybe someone could recommend you a local dealer.

Chris

Cheers Chris,

I've got a few Festool bits already and i know they're well worth the money but as soon as i start getting toward the £500 mark for bits and peices i get a bit twitchy!!

I know Toucan Tools have a festool store and they're only down the road from me so i may go and badger them!

Thanks again....

I think this will be the next piece of kit i will be purchasing for personal use.

I use this model daily at work and love it.

If you want a comparison on the dewalt and festool go onto the woodwhisperers website as he compares the 2.

Just wish i bought it earlier.

I think the TS55 + guide rail was the first FESTOOL kit I purchased. Yes, it's a hell of a lot of money. But as soon as you use it, you will know why. I am a tight git, but it has quickly paid for itself and is still going strong. Get two 1400 guide rails, so you can cut up 8' x 4' sheet material nice and easy... I've gone and purchased a 2800 guide, expensive, but good... This is one of the few tools that IS worth the money...

Picked one up today and yes, there was a tear in my eye when i handed over the money but i know they're worth it!

Bought it from toucan tools in East London who had a deal on which had the saw with 2 connector rails for £465. Most of the 'deals' only had the one rail for £455.

Looking forward to using it but like my other festool bits and bobs, they won't be left out when i'm at work!

Latest posts

Back