Parkside cordless plunge saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonwar

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, the parkside performance plunge saw is coming to a lidl near me soon. Does anyone know if they are compatable with the Mac alister/ makita rails I already have?

Hi everyone, the parkside performance plunge saw is coming to a lidl near me soon. Does anyone know if they are compatable with the Mac alister/ makita rails I already have?
If it has the same baseplate as the corded version then no - the anti-tipping lip gets in the way, but this can be stripped off easily. Out of interest, has there been an announcement by Lidl about availability?

If it has the same baseplate as the corded version then no - the anti-tipping lip gets in the way, but this can be stripped off easily. Out of interest, has there been an announcement by Lidl about availability?
Hi Peter, thank you for your feed back, we haven't seen the 20v version at all here yet so it's hard to know if they are using the same baseplate, I think our friends in Central Europe have had them on a few offers so I was hoping someone might have one. They are available here next week so I'll try to check them out. If you need one for the channel please pm me I'd be happy to help out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230826_094501_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230826_094501_Chrome.jpg
    707.5 KB · Views: 0
Hi Peter, thank you for your feed back, we haven't seen the 20v version at all here yet so it's hard to know if they are using the same baseplate, I think our friends in Central Europe have had them on a few offers so I was hoping someone might have one. They are available here next week so I'll try to check them out. If you need one for the channel please pm me I'd be happy to help out.
Ooo, 20v planer too! Could be a spendy week. Thank you - I think I’ll be at my local store myself on Monday 4th! 👍

Ooo, 20v planer too! Could be a spendy week. Thank you - I think I’ll be at my local store myself on Monday 4th! 👍
Hi Peter, I took the plunge today 😀 and picked one up, your correct it is the same foot print as the corded version. I had to bring the first one back as the base plate was warped so it's worth checking before you start cutting. Will definitely replace the splinter strip with a new one as it is very rigid and curved so will not contact the work piece. But other than that impressed, soft start, blade brake and brushless motor so quite. I will be triming my existing rail to suit as I have a rail square and I can leave that rail dedicated to cross cuts and the Lidl rail for longer pencil mark cuts.

Good to know, thanks. Hadn’t realised you were in Ireland when I replied earlier, they’re still not available here. 👍

Good to know, thanks. Hadn’t realised you were in Ireland when I replied earlier, they’re still not available here.
I'm a big fan of the channel great work. If you need one for the channel please dm me and I'd be happy to help arrange getting one over to you.
Thank you for the help.

my Lidl saw buy last week was v different - never seen or seen advertised, but nice full-sized Japanese saws with wooden cord-bound handles - just £6.99 - much less than a normal replacement blade.

Back