Festool Drill

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mreagleeyes

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, a belated Happy New Year.
I'm currently in the process of installing a kitchen for a friend and after 5 screws going in to cupboard units my Makita has given up the ghost and died.
A sad day but the friend has said that they would replace it and I was thinking maybe it was time to get a Festool cordless to complement my ever growing White/Green Systainer collection.

So my question is. What is the difference between the T 15+3 and the T 12+3?.
Anyone got one and want to share some thoughts?.
Obviously the Makita will be fixed as I'm sure it's just the motor bushes but why not look a gift horse in the mouth!!.

Confusingly the 12 is 10.8v and the 15 is 14.4 v, both Li-ion. I haven't got either so I can't comment on what they are like but if someone was going to buy me a drill...

It's just going to be a matter of grunt (more to do with current than voltage really) and cash.

I've got the C12 which is the first thing I reach for wood/metal drilling and for driving most screws. The fastfix system is fantastic and it has a lovely balance and enough power for most things.

Warning: the Centrotec system is another steep slope all of its own.

I bought the T15 + 3 Li about 5 months ago. Very good drill, nice and light to use and has a lot more power than it seems when in use, I have had one problem though, in that when driving in screws the trigger sometimes sticks and carries on spinning causing the bit to jump or drive the screw too far. The difference between the T15 + 3 and the T12 + 3 is the voltage. The T15 is 14.4v and the T12 is 10.8v. One thing to note is that there is no hammer action, I dont need to use for that so OK for me. Also the centrotec bits are expensive, but are usefull, or you can just use the normal chuck that is supplied. I also have the offset chuck and the angle attatchment that come in very handy. The batteries are tremendous, first job I used for decking screws and lasted for about a day and half before changing, constantly driving screws. I am happy with the drill overall, just dissapointed about the trigger sticking, still need to get it fixed, but can't get a replacement while it is sent away, so waiting until I am quiet before I do that. I would recommend getting in touch with your local rep and getting a demo before you buy to see if it is worth it first. Hope this helps.

What a friend :shock: , does he know the price yet ? Like all festool gear the drills are very expensive,I have managed to justify the price differential on the equipment I've bought,sanders, extractor but does the drill justify the price difference. I was amused to see they were recently promoting them with a free attachable light, a feature most of the competition has built in :roll:

I have a C12 plus offset and angle chucks and centrotec systainer.
Can I justify the price?
Not really, but it's the best drill I've ever used and I thoroughly recommend it. The centrotec quick change chucks are brilliant.

i have a t15 and its very good, the extra chucks are worth there weight in gold

the t15 +3 is saving its the equivelent to a 18v drill =+3v

its nice and light with decent power and the batterys are long lasting.
the screwdriving mode is good when the torqe is lowered it lowers the speed.

Latest posts

Back