festival of wood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugo35

Established Member
Reaction score
hi anyone going to westonbert (not sure if i spelt it right) festival of wood went last year really enjoyed it.
if anyone want more info have a look on forestery commission site should find it on there
or some kind member on here could sort a link :D

I'll be there with Avon & Britol Woodturners and Glos. Woodturners.

Are there enough forum members going to organise a meet? Which of the four days are people going on, I plan to be there on the Sat and again on Monday.

BRgds
Simon

It looks good. I haven't been before despite it being so close to home. I probably will go on Sunday or Monday(depending on the weather).

Ike

Could we poor stay-at-homes beg any pictures/reports/bragging anyone who's going might like to share? [-o< :D

Cheers, Alf

SVB,

I will be there, trasffic permitting, on Saturday.

Certainly much of the time in Mike Hancock's area,

Best wishes,
David Charlesworth

Had a good time at the show today.

Spent a good couple of hours watching/listening to Rob Cosman explaining how to sharpen plane irons and cut dovetail joints. Even if you are experienced he had some great tips and ideas to make your joints quicker and more accurate, and looking at the quality of some of his boxes afterwards was very inspiring, the joints were unbelievably good :shock: !!!

Also picked up some 2" yew planks and a 9" yew log for turning (SWMBO will kill me when she see's it as the shed/garage/driveway etc is already overrun with more timber than I can use, but no yew until now though !).

Spent some dosh with Mike Hancock as usual, eventually, when he managed to get the card machine working. Think it is deliberate as he knows the longer you are waiting the more goodies you will be tempted to buy !

Treated myself to a Hock blade for my old Stanley No 5, a convex Veritas spoke and some other bits and pieces, but was disappointed that they were out of stock of the Veritas honing guides as the delivery had screwed up somewhat, but I believe will be rectified tomorrow.

Lots of secondhand chisels and planes to, but a bit pricey I thought.

A good show, well worth it just for CHT and Rob etc alone, although I am not sure it was quite as big as last year ? Interested to hear from others.

Enjoy if you are going this weekend.

Cheers, Paul. :D

I intend to go today, it looks like the rain may just stop for
a while.

Not sure how I would recognize other formites?

It will be easier though after the "Big get together" in Sept.

Andy

Latest posts

Back