Felder B6-26

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have just bought a felderB6-26, missing a couple of bits and hoping someone can point me in the right direction. By the way, sorry for being rude, hello to all! :D

I am trying to pack in on the tools "as such" and do some work from home, 30 years in trade and body's seen better day's. I have a tiny workshop 20' x 8' and have just managed to shoehorn the Felder in past the double doors

I have been making quite a few gates, doors, porches, cabinets (shopfitting's) etc and would like to take this a little further

I have been looking at the forum on here and elsewhere and chose to get the Felder, especially after some of the reviews although with some trepidation. I have still got a Lurem C210b and can't wait to give the Felder a go, The thicknesser on the Lurem packed in, took it to a local engineering firm and a few hundred quid lighter in pocket still not working.

I am based in North Wales and we have barely got the telegraph here! Let alone a someone who can work on these machines, everybody I asked didn't want to know.

Called Felder uk and asked for a morticing attachment and got a quote back for£1585, was in a bit of shock after that but was hoping someone out there might know where I might get one, along with router spindle (B6 spindle motor can be converted to router).

I would love to hear from anyone who has got one of these machines, I don't have a manual yet, doing a lot of searching on t'internet but not getting far, I have left an email with Felder, hopefully they will get back to me.

Look forward to hearing anything. Bill

Hi Bill

I'm in a similar position to you, knees going (too many skirtings, etc), although in my case I found a Luna W59 which needs a bit of fettling (OK, a LOT). In terms of price Felder are really pretty pricey so I'd have thought that a stand-alone mortiser would be a better bet. I wouldn't bother with the router spindle, either - it's limited to something like 12,000 or 15,000rpm which to my mind limits its usefulness.

Good luck hunting down a manual. Doubtless Felder can supply them, but at what price?

I agree, a stand alone morticer would be a good option, there are often, multico, sedgewick, wadkin around at decent prices 2nd hand. A morticer is a fairly basic machine with little to go wrong, so well worth considering 2nd hand.

forget the morticer! get a festool domino!

felder are great but spares etc can be pricey, the router spindle is fantastic I use my works one daily, really is good!

adidat

adidat":2rsjwcq9 said:
forget the morticer! get a festool domino!
They don't work for everything (e.g. through tenons with wedges that you use in doors) - and if you do joinery work you'd need the DF700XL, which at £750 is about twice the price of the second hand Multico I have.

Thanks for all the posts, much appreciated! been mad busy this week, not had a chance to play with the new saw properly.

I do have a cheapo standalone morticer, I know its not a decent one, but the slot-morticer is so much easier to use and a lot more accurate.

I had a quote from Felder for £813 for the slot morticer, £109 for a chuck, a mite expensive, but the real shocker was £47 for the centre disc off the spindle moulder dust cap. the manual came at a measly £15, after what I just spent its all I can afford for a while

I have a tiny space to work in, I have to use an assembly table outside under a gazebo if its raining but no good if windy, there's the reason for not wanting a standalone, a domino is probs ok for the smaller stuff but no use for some of the stuff I do, church gates, Lytch gates etc .

I hope to get started knocking out gates and doors fairly soon full time, I am tempted to do kitchens but know from previous experience how much of a pain they can be, a lot of outlay and unless your fitting yourself you can end up waiting for money.

Thanks very much for all the advice though, any help right now is really good, I think I 'll wait awhile and get the slot morticer,chuck and manual tho, I wish there was someone out there with these bits for sale but i suppose its like waiting for the lottery.

Forget Festool for morticing . It's a fashion trend that doesn't last the test of time .
Buy a designated mortice machine , you'll have far more scope than a Domino machine .

PS
I've a lovely Sedgwick morticer for sale . Going very cheap . Absolutely cracking machine .

Cheers Guggs, thanks for the thought
Just been given a possible location for a small workshop, maybe? as stated earlier I have no room in current spot so I can't get any stand alone equipment at the mo, making a small fold up table for chop saw, band saw, morticer etc. for a temporary fix. I am hoping to get the Felder up and running properly and get some decent use out of it, just don't have a lot of time at the mo.

Just had a guy telling me its ok to use 15mm osb on a bathroom floor with 18" centres on joists for tiling?, same guy looks at you like you've got three heads when you say it's not adequate

It's been a long week!

colwyn chippie":1lual59p said:
Cheers Guggs, thanks for the thought
Just been given a possible location for a small workshop, maybe? as stated earlier I have no room in current spot so I can't get any stand alone equipment at the mo, making a small fold up table for chop saw, band saw, morticer etc. for a temporary fix. I am hoping to get the Felder up and running properly and get some decent use out of it, just don't have a lot of time at the mo.

Just had a guy telling me its ok to use 15mm osb on a bathroom floor with 18" centres on joists for tiling?, same guy looks at you like you've got three heads when you say it's not adequate

It's been a long week!

15mm OSB! Overspec'd for tiling just use 11mm or better still mdf :D

Back