Fairy Control

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's great, I may just have a walk to our local park, I've got a nice bit of oak that would make a lovely door, however our local council would probably complain and remove it, possibly quoting some 'Elf n Safety rules :lol:

Baldhead

It reminded me of one trip back from portsmouth to Caen on Brittany Ferries.

There was a little girl of about four who was crying to her mum.
"But you said I could ride on a Fairy" !

I thought it was cute at the time :)

Reminds me of the old limerick.

A National Elf doctor from Frome
Was called to a leprechaun's home.
He examined the sprite,
Said, "It's gastric all right.
You'd be far better off in a gnome."

wellywood":1fq8qrq1 said:
Reminds me of the old limerick.

A National Elf doctor from Frome
Was called to a leprechaun's home.
He examined the sprite,
Said, "It's gastric all right.
You'd be far better off in a gnome."

Pedant alert: :!: Very good, but clearly not composed by a genuine wurzel: Frome rhymes with room, doesn't seem right to use a Doctor from Rome though :wink: (For the life of me I can't think of another place-name that rhymes with home & gnome...)

Me neither. Somerset folk get proper vexed when grockles say Frome like home!
Change it to, A national elf doctor, on the phone, an' keep the price of cider down
etc, etc. Regards Rodders

If you ever go to Iceland (the country, not the food store...), you will find the same thing, Fairy doors painted on rocks (they don't have trees). They are everywhere, and, apparently, people really believe in it. And some of them really don't like it if you make fun of it.

S
PS Definitely a Place To Go Before You Die.

surely a sign at the entrance to the woods saying
"we welcome all who wish to build for our wonderful fairies, however the life expectancy of a fairy in this woods is 6 months and owing to the unusual culture of fairies who refuse to live behind the door of another we have been kindly requested by the fairy king to remove a door at the end of the fairies life, if you wish to add a new door at this time we would be very grateful as it will help the next fairy in their life"

or am I thinking to hard about this?

(obviously I belief in fairies, who else would tidy up my workshop)

novocaine":147lt8py said:
"we welcome all who wish to build for our wonderful fairies, however the life expectancy of a fairy in this woods is 6 months and owing to the unusual culture of fairies who refuse to live behind the door of another we have been kindly requested by the fairy king to remove a door at the end of the fairies life, if you wish to add a new door at this time we would be very grateful as it will help the next fairy in their life"

Brilliant idea. =D> =D> =D>

Steve Maskery":2qqmuwng said:
If you ever go to Iceland (the country, not the food store...), you will find the same thing, Fairy doors painted on rocks (they don't have trees). They are everywhere, and, apparently, people really believe in it. And some of them really don't like it if you make fun of it.

S
PS Definitely a Place To Go Before You Die.

A trip to Iceland is absolutely recommended, a fantastic place to visit. I was introduced to the Huldufólk by a guy I was working with briefly. He said he didn't *really* believe in them, but he still honoured the traditions, rather like the reasoning behind Pascal's Wager.

novocaine":206bqhze said:

Then some muppet will get a govt grant for an environmental study to determine why the fairies living in the wood have a lifespan of only 6 months; quoting it must be linked to global warming.

edit: damn.... that's good idea.

Back