Facebook

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hudson Carpentry":66b514gz said:
I registered with an email address I never check so I never see any of the emails they send me.

Wish I had thought of that :lol: I am reasonably happy that I never entered any personal details, no school, college, work place, age, and of course no photographs (Can't do that anyway :lol: )

I might start a new e-mail account and gradually tell people I want to keep in touch with about it and just let the old one clog up the memory at wherever Yahoo have their computers :roll:

Is 'junk' mail the same as 'spam' mail ? I assume it is.

I would think so. I use Thunderbird mail-reader and it has the facility to mark received messages as junk. After a short period (say a week) of "training" Thunderbird knows what's junk and it all happens automatically.

Losos":37mmv0fa said:
I might start a new e-mail account and gradually tell people I want to keep in touch with about it and just let the old one clog up the memory at wherever Yahoo have their computers :roll:

That's the trick - just have two or more email addresses and use an online one as the 'buffer' from the interesting / important stuff.

Just make sure you NEVER use the important email address for crud.

Oh, I also had recommended to me to keep one specific credit card for online / tel payments - that way you can tell very quickly and easily if there is a rogue transaction.

PS: Would now be the time to mention inthe discussion that the beloved banks are the targets / targeters of social media? - I met the founder of e-cademy and he insists that the long term plan is that they will all off-load their info, (ie the valuable bit about all of us), to the banks - that way they will have 'recommendations' and 'likes' from every tom dick and harry to encourage us to do business with them.

Oh, the power the knowledge they will own (hammer)

Off to the shed where my only connection with the world is the electricity supply!

I have set a Facebook business page.

I did it for 2 reasons one to stop anyone else using my details and in case I decide I want to develop it in the future.

I am thinking at the moment of using it as more of a work in progress page for clients who are interested on how their piece is going and are on facebook.

I may do it as a blog on my website but will in the end do something along these lines.

Tom

58% of 3.5 billion is 2.03 billion
So 2.03 billion under 30 years old use Facebook to find suppliers.

..... I don't believe it.

Always assuming that A) they have any purchasing power,
and B) that they have access to FB of course.

Roy.

Back