Extend wireless broadband to workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sitting here looking at an old Netgear DG834G used in this way as I speak (type).

Si.

RogerS":9gddc7vl said:
Searching Google with this use a router as a hub throws up quite a few hits...some of which suggest that it isn't always plain sailing

Thanks Roger, I'll keep an eye open for freecycled adsl unit to experiment with for future reference.
Currently the workshop is on homeplug and a netgear wireless access point which does not give me any ethernet sockets.
So far that has not been a problem but it would be useful to have a wired expansion solution up my sleeve.

Bob

Thanks for the confirmation Si. I'll possibly look for a netgear one as they have not let me down in the past unlike other brands

9fingers":22tti4db said:
Thanks for the confirmation Si. I'll possibly look for a netgear one as they have not let me down in the past unlike other brands

There was a reason I had a couple of Netgears lying around...

Si.

Thanks Roger,

I recall you offered on a few years ago but when you dug it out it was a dead-un? Are you thinking of the same one perhaps?
As I said I'm only experimenting for future use so if the router might be useful in future to you then you might want to hang on to it otherwise if it is fully redundant then thanks for your offer.
No hurry naturally
Cheers

Bob

Back