European Woodworking Show - Cressing Temple Barns, Essex

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Is anyone going to the show ? It's on the 16th/17th September.

We're going for the weekend and will be visiting RHS Hyde Hall on the, hopefully, dry day.

Neil

I'll be there on the Saturday I think. Not been before, hopefully it'll be pretty good.
I know they have lots of demos, do they have some bits and bobs on sale?

These are suggestions for other places to visit - I have no connection with any of the bars, restaurants etc :-

Check these out.

Aldeburgh - 'Islington on Sea' - Art gallerys, fab fish and chip shop.
Woodbridge - Tide Mill, Boutique shops, restaurants (The Table, Galley, The Crown), Violin manufacturer, Pubs ( The Mariner).
Ipswich - Marina, bars, restaurants, FloatingRestaurant cruises, Old town.
Sutton Hoo - Anglo Saxon burial site.
Harwich - 'For the Continent' - Mayflower Project, Quay, Redoubt Fort, Treo bar/restauarant, free Guided tours of Town.
Felixtowe - 'For the Incontinent'
Manningtree & Mistley - Lucca pizza/pasta restaurant, Manningtree Station buffet, The Mistley Thorn Hotel/Restaurant, The Mistley Kitchen cookery school, The Tea House at Mistley Quay.
'Constable Country' - Flatford Mill, East Bergholt - 'The Place for Plants'
Sudbury - Gainsborough House.
Long Melford - Melford Hall, Kentwell Hall, Boutique shops, Antiques, Tea rooms, pubs/restaurants (The Hare Inn, The Bull).
Lavenham - Numerous listed timber framed houses.
West Mersea - Art galleries, Museum, Country Park, Crabbing from pontoon, Lady Grace boats trip around 'The Oyster Packing Shed' (20mins),
- The Company Shed (seafood), Oyster bar, The Victory pub/restaurant, The Coast Inn, The Art Cafe, The Cakehole deli, The Poop Deck - antiques, collectibles, old tat.
Maldon - Thames Barges at the quay, osyter bar, kids play area, promenade walk, tea room, high street shopping/restaurants.

Last but not least - Galleywood - (Chelmsford) - The Eagle, Mr Fish fishbar, er that's it!

The European Woodworking show!

I would go, but Ive heard theres a massive bill to pay when you leave.

Never heard of it until now, but like the look of it and just bought tickets for the Sat. Thanks for letting me know! :)

galleywood":2nirgfs5 said:
These are suggestions for other places to visit - I have no connection with any of the bars, restaurants etc. Check these out.

Thank you for the suggestions. Unfortunately, we've already booked for DBB.

Thanks,

Neil

I'll be going on Saturday. Apparently this year's will be the last one

We're making a weekend away of it, going to Cambridge on the Friday then Chelmsford [or Colchester, can't remember which one DTR recommended] and the show.
Improves the cost:benefit ratio.

DTR":np39y9va said:
I'll be going on Saturday. Apparently this year's will be the last one
Me too. Keep an eye out for me - I'll be the guy with a wife in tow and a squealing 1 year old daughter running around like a maniac :D

No skills":1cpljd2q said:
No more Saturday's after this year? Wow..

Tell me about it. The prospect of six-day weeks has, quite honestly, got me a little bit panicked :shock:

Ohhhh..... I don't live far from Essex. Its at the end of my road in fact. Just close enough to keep an eye on it in case it causes trouble. Just been out to the van to check my schedule. Weekend free! Will phone the Boss to check I can use the van. If so I will book a ticket tomorrow. Happy days.

I plan to go on the Saturday. I went to the last one and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Do we know the folks who put it together?
Wouldn't mind doing a micro display and showing people a few bits and pieces :wink:
Cheers
Andy

Andy,
Have a word with Richard Arnold, who I understand is exhibiting so he will know the routine.

rxh":3svxbwkk said:
Andy,
Have a word with Richard Arnold, who I understand is exhibiting so he will know the routine.

Thanks, I knew that bit, thought it was something to do with someone on here 8)
Might have to make a call :wink:
Cheers
Andy

Latest posts

Back