Euro lock Escutcheon

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrpercysnodgrass

Established Member
Reaction score
I am fitting new locks to my doors and I have gone for euro cylinders with bolt through escutcheons. The escutcheons come with one thin steel plate but with no instructions and I can find nothing on line as to where this plate goes, front or back. Do any of you good people know?

Attachments

• tempImagedUmWD0.png
    tempImagedUmWD0.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 49
The escutcheon with no screw holes goes on the outside of the door, to stop anyone removing it.
Hope that helps
Fred
Just put my glasses on and taken a closer look at the picture, I,msure the plate goes underneath the outside escutcheon.

Last edited:
Only a guess but does it go on the outside as it could be an anti drill plate?

As said could just be for marking the holes as they can be hard to line up, although if it was only a template I would expect it to be just made of plastic :dunno:

Last edited:
The black plate goes on the outside. The brass plate with no holes is a friction fit onto it

Check at each stage of the install that the Euro barrel is still working smoothly. When in a hurry it is all too easy to misalign an escutcheon (and thereby the barrel) and stiffen or even block the lock from working (snagged enough of those in my time)

Last edited:
Thank you for that info. I had guessed it was to go on the outside escutcheon but as there was not a mention of it anywhere I wanted to make sure. The lock is now fitted and working beautifully, it is so nice to get rid of those very uncomfortable 3" keys from the old locks.

Hate to be a party pooper but regular Euro locks are notoriously easy to defeat, you can get high security versions, but still not a patch on the good old lever mortice lock. Having seen them removed in seconds with a self tapping screw and a lever I would never use them on an outside door without some backup.

Latest posts

Back