Engineered Veneer Offcut Sources

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sihollies

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

A bit of a shot in the dark here, but could anyone advise where I may be able to purchase erable veneer offcuts?

I am a hobbyist that makes small items such as jewellry/trinket boxes and would like to create some abstract/colourful items for friends and family.
I am aware that Eden Anglo Veneers sell an appropriate product, but they only seem to sell large sheets of veneer & I only require smallish offcuts & their full sheets are quite costly.

In the past I have bought Alpi offcuts on Ebay, but this source seems to have dried up unfortunately.

I'm not expecting alot of response, but any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Simon

Hi Simon
What do you mean by "engineered " veneers?

If you're looking for standard thin veneers you then glue to MDF or ply then you can buy those in small quantities from a number of companies who sell for marquetry, If you're looking for ply or MDF ready veneered both sides then that's a different matter and I can only suggest you contact companies and request samples which you might get free or very cheaply.

Hey Lons,

Thanks for the reply.
I am looking for a product/veneer that offers a colourful or geometric design that is produced within the veneer itself.
I primarily work with natural veneers, and have plenty in stock, but I am wanting some 'engineered' veneers that I can apply to a substrate without having to create it myself.

I have added a photo of a couple of boxes that I am working on, that may give an example of what I require??
The lids of each of the boxes in the photos are 'engineered' veneers that I acquired a few years ago.

Thanks again
simon

Attachments

• Engineered.jpg
    Engineered.jpg
    406.6 KB · Views: 0
Ah I see what you mean Simon, interesting boxes. (y)

Those materials are not something I've come across so can't help. I hope you can find a source of offcuts.

Back