Emails

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxie

Established Member
Reaction score
This may be a shot in the dark. Is it possible to receive emails on a laptop that has not got Outlook? I don't want to instal, at some cost, Microsoft Office as I will not be using applications such as Powerpoint, spreadsheet, ect. I had no choice but am running Windows 10!!!! :(
Any help gratefully received.
John

If Windows 10 doesn't come with any kind of mail client - which either would or wouldn't surprise me depending on my mood - you can always install another free mail client instead. Doesn't have to be Outlook.

I expect Mozilla do one that's pretty good, used to be called Thunderbird - edit, I've check, yes they do. https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/thunderbird/

You just need to know your settings for it to grab your email and send it back out again.

Yes, Outlook is just the email client, i.e. the program that downloads, displays and organises the emails. Many other clients are available, both paid for and free.
I've started using Thunderbird fairly recently and like it so far.

Download and install...
Thunderbird (mail reader),
Firefox (browser),
LibreOffice (office suite)

- all are free and better than anything MS sell.

My choice would also be Thunderbird but if you cba to download and install anything Windows is shipped with it's own proprietary free mail client called Windows mail (it used to be Outlook....not to be confused with Outlook Express which was the souped up billable option that comes as part of Office).

From Windows 7 and beyond it became Windows Mail instead....and it's rubbish by the way...so use Thunderbird instead :)

Thank you all for your information, used Thunderbird and it has worked.

Thanks again from a happy Dinosaur. :lol:

Back