Elu MOF 177e. (If you're old enough)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pe2dave

Established Member
Reaction score
Still going strong.
Downside, Followers[guidebushes] no longer fit?

Has anyone tried the 'fit everything' Trend base, to enable Trend guidebushes to be used?
Any experience please?

I have- I had to use a specific size of guide bush which wasn't available as a Festool part- so got the Trend base. It works very well.
Pete

I'm a big fan of the type, having used them for more than 30 years.

deWalt (and Elu before them) did/do an adaptor plate which fits in the base of the Elu MOF177 and deWalt DW624/625 (part number 940517) and which carries Elu MOF96 style guide bushes. The same guide bushes are compatible with the Trend T5, deWalt DW613/615, B&D SR100 and Axminster's UJK so are widely available. Far cheaper at at about a fiver than buying a Trend sub-base plus you don't lose 10mm off your plunge depth (one of the big plusses of these routers) and in addition your router will fit in the box (try that with a Trend sub base fitted To the router).

DW also have a 30mm guide bush which fits directly into the router, part no. 249098 for use with worktop jigs

As with all guide bushes it is highly advisable to use some form of centring mandrel to check guide bush concentricity

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back