electrical advice - pushbuttons

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodiedonald

Established Member
Reaction score
I want to add an additional set of on/off pushbuttons to a sliding table of a saw as the original ones are hard to reach when using the saw. There are two pushbuttons on the main control panel NC and NO as normal.

Would it be ok to wire the two new ones to the back of the original ones or am i overlooking some thing major?

Thanks.

The Normally Open (Green?) Start button you can just connect in parallel across the existing button.

The Normally Closed (Red ?) Stop button must be wired in series.
ss.jpg

As the sliding table will be subject to constant movement great care must be taken to use a suitably flexible cable and adequately supported away from moving parts, grommeted and clamped on the ends.

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 770
CHJ, I seen your reply just after posting it then went and did drawing below to confirm, only to see you had uploaded a schematic in the mean time.

Thanks it helped,

Attachments

• GEDC0372.JPG
    GEDC0372.JPG
    204.6 KB · Views: 763
Start button is the normally open switch as previously posted.

It is not acceptable to double up on the existing start/stop, any equipment/machine, must only have one start button/switch, but you can have as many stop buttons as you like.

Take care.

Chris R.

I like to have an easy to use by my feet stop button, just in case I want to stop it when my hands are "busy".

Back