Elecktra Beckum hc-260m

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musomaniac

Established Member
Reaction score
i have just bought an elecktra beckum hc260m , the green model , but when i try to switch it on it trips the rcd on the fuse panel in the house , does anyone know how i can rectify this
20150720_151446_zps5twzxbsl.jpg

20150720_151524_zpsigbj8y2l.jpg

20150720_151541_zpsju80faka.jpg

* Disengages lurk mode. Just a thought, It's not a 3 phase machine is it? If so your normal dome Stick supply won't be happy. Electrictrickery is a black art to me, But I'm thinking if it is a 3 phase machine, then your going to need a VFD (variable frequency drive).

Regards Rick.

On start up I think it draws about 16 amps. Mine occasionally blows a fuse if something else on the circuit is also running. If the rcd is blowing, I would think there's either a short or a leak to earth in there somewhere. You need a sparky to check it.

got it sorted , i checked the junction box on the side of the motor casing which the capacitor leads go into , at some point in its life , the plastic insulation blocks melted , exposing a metal contact which was shorting out against the metal side of the junction box .

Back