einhell orbital sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uk1simon

Reaction score
Hello,

Has anyone used Einhell Orbital sander like this one? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Einhell-Orbital ... tal+sander

It's cheap and I'm on budget and need something for small diy. I used to have einhell mitre saw and it was very accurate and solid piece of work. I sold that mitre saw to a friend of mine and got a Metabo 216m which is very good. Every one recommends Metabo orbital sander however these are a bit pricey. If not einhell what would you recommend in the region of 50 quid?

Maybe clarke cross-2?

Regards,
Simon

@UK1simon:

Yup, I have one as well (also the Aldi version - "Workzone" - which looks very similar). It works very well, like the Aldi (which is even cheaper than the Einhell BTW).

Both are not as not as well-balanced or as vibration free as Bosch or Festtool (both of which I've tried). But at one third (or less) of the prices of Bosch & Festool (and with a 3 year gauarantee with the Aldi version) IMHO a DIY-er has got to go the Einhell (or Aldi) route - unless he's laying down a stock of tools for his grandchildren that is.

I also have several other Einhell items including a bench top bandsaw, a disc/belt sander, and a metal working lathe. Over here (Switzerland) Einhell are renowned as "badge engineers", and often mid-range quality - at best, and I must say I've had to do a fair bit of fettling on all the above "big" machines. OTOH, given the patience to fettle I think you end up with a lot of capability for the price - certainly more capability than I could have afforded by buying "better" brands.

The only exception in my experience has been the disc/belt sander - it wouldn't sand the skin off a rice pudding, despite lots of careful adjustments and despite NOT attacking the thing with huge pressure on the workpiece.

Only problem here is that the Einhell local agents are rubbish for spare parts and extras (no idea who, or what thy're like in UK), but on the other hand, here Einhell stuff is sold mainly through the big DIY Emporia who themselves are generally good at supplying spares etc (against an order of course, no stocks, but then neither has the agent here any stocks either).

For what it is I'd thoroughly recommend it and don't think you'll go wrong. I think mine had a 1 or 2 year warranty but it's well outside that without any problems.

HTH
AES

I purchased one when I forgot my sander and was too far from the workshop to pop back

Did the job well and for the money can't be faulted. I did kill it not long after as it became the 'rough' sander and could not stand up to a window renovation project. I burnt the motor out after about 4 hours but it was worked pretty hard. Vibration was pretty high but not uncomfortable. Maybe I just had a dodgy model but took it back and got a credit note...... would have got another just as a back up but they didn't have stock.

I would say for the money it is great but if you could stretch to a mini Bosch (blue pro range) then you would be much happier and have a much better longer lasting tool.

AES":18uhtxja said:
Yup, I have one as well (also the Aldi version - "Workzone" - which looks very similar).

I've got the identical tool, except it's green. Got packs of assorted sheets at the same time. Done tons with it and for under £20 it's one of my best buys.

My only Einhell tool is a diamond blade tile cutter. I bought it second hand and it has cut floor and wall tiles for me and three sons-in-law and it's still going strong. The fence was rubbish, but the tool itself has been great. By the nature of the tool, I suppose it doesn't get continuous use but overall I'm quite impressed.

K

Back