Ed the turner .

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFC

Established Member
Reaction score
Had Ed over at the workshop today and he had a little blast on the lathe . He turned himself up a new handle for a plane he has and i must say he did a very good job of it .
06052006098.jpg

06052006099.jpg

I forgot to get a pic of the finished handle :roll:
Anyway as im no expert on the lathe myself i was just wondering if anyone knew of a site that shows what chisel is for what job and maybe gives a few bowl turning tips .

Looks nice - hope you both had a pleasant,sociable day :)

As for tips and terms,I've found plenty of info on this site (actually,in this forum :lol: )
"Woodturning" magazine (GMC publications) is a good read,with projects for different levels of turners,and good product reviews.
Or "Woodturning projects" (ISBN 1-86108-391-2) is also full of good info and projects - written by Mark Baker,former editor of Woodturning.

Andrew

For the "What-Why-Where-When" of Turning I think you will find the late Keith Rowley's book "Woodturning a foundation course" (new edition)
ISBN 1 86108 114 6 hard to beat.

Tool safety and use is at the forefront.

Jas, you may want to have a look at The Woodworking Chanelthey run a couple of progs a day that are quite good, its a lot easier seeing the tools being used than just reading about them. The two they have today are good: a stool which shows spindle work and a rectangular bowl which may be a bit too advanced (and dangerous) at this stage, I watched it last week and made this

The FWWsite has some turning but you now need to subscribe.

And of course you can always ask on here.

Jason

CHJ":a4ajmxed said:
For the "What-Why-Where-When" of Turning I think you will find the late Keith Rowley's book "Woodturning a foundation course" (new edition)
ISBN 1 86108 114 6 hard to beat.
Heartily seconded. There's a video too, but I've not seen it.

Cheers, Alf

Back