ebay sniping tools - advice please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevieB

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone recommend one of these? Searching the forums shows www.justsnipe.com as being mentioned a couple of times. Might just be me but I am wary about sticking my ebay username and password into this which looks a less than professional website :?

Clearly if one is to use these tools one needs to enter ones ebay username and password, but what can an unscrupulous person do with these two pieces of information? Plus an e-mail address and physical address? I guess certainly leave comments or bid on your account without your knowledge, change settings and effectively take the account over apart from the paypal part since paypal requires a second login.

Am I being a bit over cautious here, do people use their main accounts or generate second accounts just for use with these tools?

Steve

I use auctionsniper, have done for years without problem. It helps me so that i do not go over my limit, no getting carried away. Even with 3 secs lead though, i have been beaten.

They use you account details to bid and I use my only account.

You only get charged for snipes when you win.

It can be annoying though when you lose out by a pound or so.

I set up a number of tabs with different band increments up to what I want to pay and fire them off with 30 seconds to go if the bidding changes.

It works for me.

Jim

I have been using goofbay. It's free and has snaffled me a few things lately.

There is a risk in giving your account details to these 'services'. But it's minimal, really. I've never had a problem with it. They earn more money from either charging for snipes or advertising, then they can giving account details away. Or rather, they can build up repeat, ongoing business being honest.

wizer":1s8em5wn said:
I have been using goofbay. It's free and has snaffled me a few things lately.

There is a risk in giving your account details to these 'services'. But it's minimal, really. I've never had a problem with it. They earn more money from either charging for snipes or advertising, then they can giving account details away. Or rather, they can build up repeat, ongoing business being honest.

So there it was - Tom's 15,000 th post.

Congratulations!

paininthe":3osvdiwp said:
I use auctionsniper, have done for years without problem. It helps me so that i do not go over my limit, no getting carried away. Even with 3 secs lead though, i have been beaten.

They use you account details to bid and I use my only account.

You only get charged for snipes when you win.

It can be annoying though when you lose out by a pound or so.

Auctionsniper for me too - been using it for years with no problems.

Bob

I use Bidnip and have always found it very reliable. Try it for free - 1st five auctions are free, and you only use one of your free 5 if you are successful. No need to give credit card details to use your free 5. Unsuccessful bids aren't counted. Takes all the stress out of the bidding process. Just set your max bid and go away and leave it.

StevieB":110gmksq said:
Sigh, no need now - seller has withdrawn the table saw I was watching with no explanation and 24 hours still to run on it :evil:

Steve

hes sold it somewhere else then, happens a lot

what sort of table saw are you after ? - i'm gonna have a ts200 surplus shortly (if all goes according to plan)

I know it happens, but its still annoying when it does as if he but it up as a 'Buy It Now' and given everyone else the same chance to buy it immediately for whatever price he was happy to sell it at outside of e-bay, I could have decided there and then whether it was worth it ratherthan hanging on for 6 days of a 7 day auction only to find it pulled.

It was a SIP 01332. I have one on order from Rutlands but they are taking soooo long to deliver I am looking to the bay to see if I can get one and will then cancel the Rutlands order. No joy yet though.

Cheers,

Steve

Back