earring stand to light house

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caretaker

Established Member
Reaction score
I have finished the earing stand and the lady was delighted with it.
I forgot to take a picture of it, I did a second one and used poplar, not a good wood to finnish.
My next project is a light house model with a light in side, I am using contrasting wood for this.
I have been looking round for clubs on woodturning and not many in this area, may consider starting one, any tips on this?

Have you contacted the association of woodturners of Great Britain they would give you all the info you need to start a club. You could even use the Northern Federation of woodturners for insurance I know a club in Devon does. I started a club but it was through my shop so it was easy to build numbers from customers. To start a club get your local suppliers on board they may have a room or space you can use and it will be easier getting members. Also contact your council they may have space for a community based project. Once up and running you can even get grants from the council and the lottery fund for equipment etc.

Back