DW733 Type 2 Blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HantsHog

Established Member
Reaction score
I just bought a used DeWalt DW733 Type 2 planer thicknesser off eBay and discovered I might need new blades as they are dull and dinged. I believe these can be resharpened as they're supposed to have spare 3mm from new. However, the machine is second hand and I've no idea how wide these blades would have been originally as they are 19mm wide now. Would they have been 21mm?

I had to sit down when I discovered the price of new blades ... £60+! Unfortunately the cheap ones, £17, on Axminster are for the Type 1.

Can anyone recommend cheaper none-branded replacement blades or a good sharpener? I had a look at Barke disposable system but am not sure if they fit this machine.

Thanks

So blunt that I can run my finger along the edge without harm! I did look at the blade very closely before I did this and could see a nicely rounded edge. There are a couple of dings as well.

I managed to get my blades sharpened in the end using The Saw Point just outside Lincoln for just a tenner (ex postage).

Latest posts

Back