dust extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wallace

Established Member
Reaction score
I want to improve my dust extractor. At present I have a 1hp chip collector connected to a 55gallon barrel acting like a thein filter. My pipework is 100mm. I dont know whether to make a blower like mr pentz or try and improve the stuff I have. One idea I was toying with was to add another chip collector extractor. If I have two extractors do you get double the suck?
Mark

Hi Wallace,

2 machines should help (depending on where you place them in the set up or split you set up in 2).
A bigger motor on your existing unit could be expensive & give you no more suction but greater resistance (I looked into that recently).
I believe it's a combination of motor rating, fan dimensions, duct design & duct integrity that make for suction power.

I eventually replaced my ok machine with the twin motored, 2kw, Record DX4000 that I found on here & I am very happy with it - it's quiet & very powerfull ..although I'd have preferred the wall mounted bag collector type but you can't have everything.

I hope this helps

Steve

Back