Dust extractor odd noises....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jensmith

Established Member
Reaction score
Occasionally my Camvac on twin motors seems to make an air whistling sort of noise. If I switch off one motor it dies away but starts again as soon as the second motor is switched back on.

It's not exactly 'screaming' but it's a more moderate form of it. With ear defenders on things don't sound so bad anyway.

I'm wondering if it's due to lack of airflow but on my bandsaw it's not a 'closed system' so you would think air could get in ok.

In case it matters it's going through a camvac cyclone bin first.

Any ideas what's causing it?

Also, is it normal for the pipes to really compress when 2 motors are on? I haven't tried 3 as it tries to pull the cyclone bin over as it is!

Hi Jensmith,

Is yours the green one with the two white air type vents on the top? Because now and again mine makes the same sort of noise through one of these.

Cheers

Mike

Yes, I think it is the same Mike. It's the older style Camvac.

I wasnt sure if it was a problem or not. It is coming from the motor. It's quite loud though. There must be a reason it does it.

jen, i have a camvac to,,, only 1 motor one.
i was trying to think how to solve your noise when the mrs suggested.

turn the radio up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

try giving it a good clean, filters, both vents, and believe or not check for bits of wood stuck near the bin/pipe.

thats all i can thinkof. sorry.

Thanks greggy.

It has recently been cleaned out. I can check the paper bags again I guess.

Latest posts

Back