dust extraction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mock

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi im looking for some advice on dust extraction in my garage can you recommend me a good dust extractor that can cope with saw dust and wood shavings ect i would like to duct it all out through pipe work in to a ???? extractor so should i use plastic piping or ??? any advise would be mostly appreciated
thank,s Mock

Hi Mock,

If you are having one extractor for both dust and courser chips then you will need one with a fine filter, 5 microns type I believe, to catch the harmful particles. A number of members use a cyclone on the line, hopefully someone will come on to explain that - I don't have one. If you have a separate extractor for the courser stuff from a planer then one of the 2 bag types will do the job for that, and use the finer filter machine for your saws, sanders etc .

Axminster have both types. I use a Numatic 750 single motor and one of their Hobby range double bag type, can't remember the model number. Another reason for me having 2 extractors is that my planer thicknesser is in the garage, everything else is in my shed.

Hope that's of help.

John

i have just bought a camvac twin motor extractor to do both chips and dust. It filters down to 0.5 micron, and I plan to put in a drop box to cope with the volume of chips that the planer thicknesser will produce. I need to get the flexible ducting to get it hooked up.

Soil pipe is a popular solution for ducting, although the usual suspects do various ducting kits that may be cost effective. I am just going to swap the flexible ducing between machines.

Back