Dust exteaction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jimi / Gary , thanks for the link , I had a look at it and it is the same type of machine I bought in Argos about 7 years ago and have been abusing in me workshop ever since .I can not think of the make but I will go down to the shed later and have a look . Mine is a wet and dry one and has been used as such I think I may have replaced the filter once in that time ,apart from being noisier it is still sucking and blowing as good as ever .

Hi ,this is an update ,the old hoover I have in the shed is an Earlex Combi .the filter is like a foam sleeve and I dont know if it would be as good as ONREE but it makes more noise . :roll: :roll:

With a scroll saw, the cutting periods are relatively long, compared with say routing or a table saw etc, therefore vacuum cleaners with brush motors have a limited life being used with a scroll saw, even the commercial ones designed for dust extraction. In my opinion/experience it is far better to go for a dust extractor with an induction motor.

I have been through one domestic vacuum cleaner, plus two commercial dust extractors all with brush motors, I now use a dust extraction unit with an induction motor, also much quieter.

Take care.

Chris R.
I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).

Back