Jig to cut veneers on a bandsaw.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have made a veneer cutting appliance for my bandsaw. It’s totally over built, far more over engineered than anything I’ve seen on the market; for example it vacuum clamps the wood to the fence.

What I noted in my research about how to bandsaw wood veneers, is that Americans in particular like to use the fence as the reference face.
This makes sense if you do not have a slicing jig/device.
If you have a slicing jig/device, it makes no sense to use the fence. The face of the jig is the reference.

Regarding the above jig, I was really surprised to see something so small. Which goes to show how many ways one can go about this.
I couldn‘t quite understand what was going on in the video, as I watched it on my phone and the device is very small but if you can provide examples of it cutting different sizes/widths of veneers and then show us the thickness throughout, that can help people genuinely see how effective it is and how true it cuts.

I may have miss understood something earlier on but rellying on any part of the bandsaw for this jig ime woukd be a mistake and those with poor bandsaw setups, will only blame the jig, so make the jig as independent as possible from the users bandsaw.

Last edited:
I have made a veneer cutting appliance for my bandsaw. It’s totally over built, far more over engineered than anything I’ve seen on the market; for example it vacuum clamps the wood to the fence.

What I noted in my research about how to bandsaw wood veneers, is that Americans in particular like to use the fence as the reference face.
This makes sense if you do not have a slicing jig/device.
If you have a slicing jig/device, it makes no sense to use the fence. The face of the jig is the reference.

Regarding the above jig, I was really surprised to see something so small. Which goes to show how many ways one can go about this.
I couldn‘t quite understand what was going on in the video, as I watched it on my phone and the device is very small but if you can provide examples of it cutting different sizes/widths of veneers and then show us the thickness throughout, that can help people genuinely see how effective it is and how true it cuts.

I may have miss understood something earlier on but rellying on any part of the bandsaw for this jig ime woukd be a mistake and those with poor bandsaw setups, will only blame the jig, so make the jig as independent as possible from the users bandsaw.
It would be good like you say to see some videos of it in action cutting some larger veneer slices.

Latest posts

Back