Dust exteaction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boysie39

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All , can somebody tell me if its possible to get a purpose made hoover or dust extractor for a scroll saw .I think it was mentioned that someone got one from Hegner in Germany .I cant locate it on their websites .Any help please .

Eugene

I would think you'd have to go on the German website, another alternative is to phone Hegner UK.

Now you do know that this item, if you track it down is going to be expensive, possibly even very expensive.
I use a Festoll Mini on my saw, its not dedicated to the saw, but the one I use for power tools, works very well.
Having said that I'm sure that cheap vacs would also do the job, although the noise could present a problem.

Hi Eugene. The cost of the Hegner vacuum will be through the roof. I cannot find your e-mail address as I would send you photographs of the system I made that is very simple and it works like a dream. I bought a Henry vacuum and have it under my bench connected to my dust extraction system. The henry is very quiet and has 2 power settings and I use mine on the low one. I use the air hose on the Hegner to suck up the dust from the pattern I am working on and also have a tube underneath the table to catch the sawdust there. Before I used it for the first time I gave the workshop a spring clean and it was dust free. 3 weeks down the line there is not one speck of dust anywhere. The other advantage with this is that you can do away with the mask as well.

Thanks all for pointing out the cost ,ChippyGeoff that sounds like a good idea , I just have to convince Clair that she needs another new hoover and I'm away with the mixer !! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: will keep you up to speed as I progress.

Garry :shock: :shock: :shock: :evil: How could you be so deceitful :mrgreen: I'll give it a try . :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Well I got me "Henry" today and will be trying to rig it up to the existing Hehner fittings later . ChippyGeoff sent me some photos of the way he rigged his up and mentioned that he may try to rig it direct to Hegner fittings .Mind you he done a very professional job on his own plans . =D> =D>

Me I got four rolls of duct tape and will make an assault on it later .I think Clair has fallen for "Henry" so I may have to be quick. :roll: :roll:

Don't forget that, if you need one, now you've got a scroll saw you can easily cut a "stepping down" ring to help ducting fit :) . I'd cut such a ring with the table slightly tilted to create a cone which will achieve a tighter fit.

Gary Morris":20bkjiua said:
removal of the fuse always worked for me :roll:

Gary
Will have to try that one :D :wink: :roll:

Chippygeoff can you show us some photos of your rig /set up

Cheers

Dave :O)

Hi Webby. If you send me a PM with your e-mail address I will send you some photos of my set up.

Eugene. I hope you are happy with Henry, he does a very good job.

ChippyGeoff Henry is brilliant and I am pronouncing it as the French do 8) :lol: . Will post some pics. when I can find me camera.

May not look as neat as yours but it is keeping me dust free .

By the way there were at least ten other makes of hoovers on offer and I had them all plugged in and Onree,, 8) was way below the noise levels of the other brands and sucked as good . =D>
WAKA watch this space ,

P1010950.JPG
P1010949.JPG
P1010948.JPG
P1010947.JPG

hope these are all right .It may look a little crude at the mo. but I will improvise as I go along .It is collecting all dust now so I will see what needs to be done to improve as time passes.

Attachments

• P1010947.JPG
    P1010947.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 1,035
  • P1010948.JPG
    P1010948.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 1,035
  • P1010949.JPG
    P1010949.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 1,035
  • P1010950.JPG
    P1010950.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 1,035
looks good !

i'm very happy with the record set up i got and its not as noisy as the dyson i got !

for me i'm not sure the henry would cope with the routering and scrolling i doing as i doing very deep recessess with router

plus i like the way i can just disconncet the tapered end of the hose and swap from one to the other the tapered end is made of flexible material so is a snug fit in either tool

i just need to purchase a couple of new tapered connectors so i can fit to sander and bandsaw

mark

Hi Mark , you are right I think ,Henry is ok for what I am useing it for . When I was working a router (many moons ago) I had a Record 1000 extractor which was also attached to Bandsaw and other machines . Later when I got a Lathe I got the record 5000 . It was a great machine but very noisy .

Well now I will have to make use of ONREE and cut a few patterns . Take care.

Back