Dust Deputy or another...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bogmonster

Established Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of buying a Dust Deputy cyclone. Just the cheapo plastic kit one. I have a steel drum to fit it to already although it is maybe a little small.

I can't find them in stock in the UK so was going to order one in the US and get a friend to post it to me. Should work out about £45. I am going to hook it up to some kind of shop vac. Does anybody know of a distributor in the UK who has them in stock? I know there are alternatives such as Chems cyclone and ClearVue. This does look about the cheapest route short of making one myself. I don't really have the time or inclination for that, too many other projects.

I did try and eperiment with a Dyson cyclone from a DC01. I had a dropbox first and then the complete cyclone bodged up and then the vacuum so only the waste that made it through the dropbox would get into the cyclone (given the tiny capacity of the drum). Complete waste of time, the Dyson cyclone has massive aire resistance. Might have worked with a couple in parallel but I only had one old Dyson and was losing interest fast. Also looked rubbish...

Just for tidying up the shop and the rubbish that escapes outside - often work with garage door open. Main extarction is through a HVLP with drop box and 0.4 micron filter. That is working fine so won't bother with a cyclone on that.

The only other option was to buy a vacuum with easy clean filter sucj as a Nilfisk.

Any other ideas?

BM

Back