Dust control

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mouse

Established Member
Reaction score
If anyone needs dust control I can highly recommend the Microclene range of filters manufatured by Acrol. I have recently bought the smallest one which I have set up close to the saw and could not believe the amount of dust it picked up. I work in the house so it will save me a lot of vacuuming :) You will still need to wear some sort of face mask

Thanks for that. I've been considering the Microclene - especially as it seems to have better performance than more expensive filters aimed at the same sized workshops. I was amazed that some don't filter below 1 micron which is supposed to be the holy grail of dust removal.

I would prefer to have the dust sent straight outside. That way a mask should be avoidable. It should be fairly easy to fix the open end of a pipe below the table near the blade, then connect it to a vacuum cleaner which is preferably outside.

This may sound inconvenient, but it's a lot better than a dust induced respiratory disease.

Roy Clarke":13x6yj8d said:
I would prefer to have the dust sent straight outside. That way a mask should be avoidable..

IMHO a quality mask should always be worn anywhere dust is produced even when using the best dust extraction systems.

Back