drum sander help!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonny boy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, Can anyone help? I have a 37inch drum sander, same machine as the Axminster 373S MK2 and need to know if anyone has the manual or what the technique is for fitting the belts. It has two clips supplied for belt changing but I can't work out what they are supposed to do. Any help is appriciated.

Jonathan.

Try a PM to jetman , he should be able sort an axminster one out.
He is off work at the moment but is still picking up email afaik.

HTH

Bob :ho2

Does the machine have a belt on it at the moment as you can use this for a template cutting a new abrasive belt.

The clips hold the abrasive onto the drums at the ends. If you start with the one on the left fold about 20mm over the end of the abrasive and the clip this onto the end of the drum the left one is spring loaded so you have to take up the slack by hand on this and then wrap the abrasive around the drum its easier to get someone to help hold this and stop it springing back. When you get to the end fold the abrasive over and clip it on. Its quite hard to explain without pics but is relatively straightforward.

Cheers

Jon

Thanks for the replies, I do have an old belt and Axminster have asked me to post it off to them so they can match it up with the loadings they have. It's actuall spring loaded at both ends and is one of those jobs where you need another pair of hands! I have two small devices supplied withe machine though and was told they were for changing the loadings but I can't see how! I've also aked Axminster if they can supply a manual or a photocopy of the page that shows how the loadings are changed. It would be good to talk to someone who has the same machine though.

Jonathan.

Back