Draper 200mm Cast Iron Table saw £200 ?!?!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've wanted a proper table saw for years but have lacked the funds to buy anything decent. Ordered one of these and it turned up yesterday.

Set it up and tested it with a massive grin on my face cause I can't help feeling like I've got away with Robbery!

P.s. I only have an 8 x 6 shed. This is just light enough to be portable (just) and the extensions seperate easily for storage.

P.s. first post. Hello all!

My BIL helped me move the main body of the saw yesterday and we both agreed that while it was technically portable (both of us could lift it on our own), it isn't practically portable or possibly even safely portable by one person.

My bandsaw is the same, it weighs slightly more than this table saw and I can pick it up on my own, once I have picked it up though it's very difficult to safely manoeuvre it around. At 82kgs it weighs more than me and if dropped it could seriously injure the person and/or break itself quite easily.

Yeah, it's quite a lump. Main problem for me was the lack of decent handles.

When I say portable, I mean for lifting out of the shed into the garden, I'm not planning on walking round the block with it and I certainly wouldn't want to lift it out the back of a car or van.

Oh I see, I thought you were talking about it like a site saw where it is carried around a lot.

Put on a wheeled base this would be super portable on flat surfaces. I will probably end up getting a cheap mobile base for it so I can wheel it around the patio.

Starting to panic now!

I received my order confirmation last night, however tried the link again and it looks as though it's now sold out, and even their e bay listing has gone and I think they had 8 in stock when I checked.

Never had a dispatch notice yet so I'm keeping my fingers crossed, however Ive got that feeling that the dreaded OOS e mail will arrive shortly!

Phil

Was tempted myself to buy the Draper saw, but decided to keep plugging along with my Dewalt 745

Noisy it is :x but not too shabby for a site saw

No need for add-on upgrades - the fence is excellent and the motor has plenty power

If I sell my Record Coronet Herald Lathe (I never get chance to use it) I would have room for a decent table saw like the one currently for sale HERE

phil p":1zcc0f7i said:
Starting to panic now!

I received my order confirmation last night, however tried the link again and it looks as though it's now sold out, and even their e bay listing has gone and I think they had 8 in stock when I checked.

Never had a dispatch notice yet so I'm keeping my fingers crossed, however Ive got that feeling that the dreaded OOS e mail will arrive shortly!

Phil

My dispatch noticed arrived about 3 hours before TNT tried to deliver the first time, needless to say I was out and didn't know anything until I got home. Luckily they delivered the following day.

phil p":a2zbargq said:
tried the link again and it looks as though it's now sold out, and even their e bay listing has gone and I think they had 8 in stock when I checked.

Where are you looking for it to say out of stock ?

Hi SC,

From the original link, however I rang them before just to see whether everything was o.k. and they confirmed it was.

They said there had been some confusion with Draper and were definatley in stock, hence I have noticed that same link now shows again that it's in stock.

Regards
Phil

phil p":3i6x22bq said:
Hi SC,

From the original link, however I rang them before just to see whether everything was o.k. and they confirmed it was.

They said there had been some confusion with Draper and were definatley in stock, hence I have noticed that same link now shows again that it's in stock.

I'm still left wondering why it's at this price. I wonder if sales were so poor because people would opt for the other brand versions (Axminster et al) based on advice from other woodworkers. A while ago now I did look at one of these, trying to find a review - there was nothing so I asked Draper if they'd send me one to review. They didn't and I still can't find an English language youtube/text review.

Perhaps getting a few out there will get them reviews.

Product has vanished from their website! :shock: :shock: :twisted: :twisted: :shock: :shock:

This is what happened when I posted earlier so I don't really know what's happening?

Again when I rang them this morning they said nothing to worry about, however when Ive been told this in the past I tend to worry!

Phil

Wahey, all good then!

What I just realised, which is very annoying, is that I have several different 210mm x 30mm blades on hand, but the saw is 200mm. I wonder how tight those tolerances are :roll:

Rorschach":3evqtju0 said:
Wahey, all good then!

What I just realised, which is very annoying, is that I have several different 210mm x 30mm blades on hand, but the saw is 200mm. I wonder how tight those tolerances are :roll:

Axminster do 205mm blades for their ts200 ...

Quick question, looking at you saw is it feasable to mount a wing eithre side and not mount the sliding carriage ?

I might just pop a 210mm blade in there and take a look, turning by hand only of course. I reckon there has got to be more than 5mm of clearance around the blade.

While I have not tried it, I see no reason you could not do as you suggest, everything slides on t-slots.

I would have liked to do one wing and sliding table, but that isn't possible.

Just been on the Draper website and it now looks as though it's now discontinued which might explain the price.

Not that I'm bothered, still looks like a cracking saw for the price, and free delivery, and it's still for sale in other places up to the £700 mark.

Happy Chappie!

Mine arrived this morning at the 3rd time of asking. They only sent Draper half of my address.
Been tinkering all morning at got the table,stand and side extensions together. I'm impressed with it all so far, talk about value for money! A quick question though....Should the riving knife follow the exact contour of the blade? However I adjust it, it's 5mm gap at the top and anything up to 10mm at the bottom/back. Everything else was fine, but sooooo much oil from the table top everywhere.
On a side note the Scheppach TS82 looks almost identical less the stand. There aren't many reviews for that saw either.

Nigel

Seen lots of similar looking saws, likely all from the same factory. On the bottom of the fence clamp I notice that "Hammer" is inscribed into the casting, maybe a copy of one of their saws?

Latest posts

Back