Draper 200mm Cast Iron Table saw £200 ?!?!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm interested in this too.

Was begrudgingly looking to stump up £400 for the Dewalt DW745, but noticed this cast iron Draper unit for half the price.

Anyone familiar with this saw or the retailer? They're selling it for £220 on eBay too.

looks a lot like the axminster ts200 spec seems the same . heck of a good price the base axy unit is 360 odd pounds without an extension and sliding table !

PSA - An extra 15% off on eBay until 8pm today using code PIGGYBANK (Friday) brings the price down to £186.99! :!: 8)

The same saw is listed with other sellers as a complete kit for almost £700.

My suspicion is that is one of the scam listings that I have seen before, items sold as very low prices and they never turn up. Not quite sure how it works thought since you get a refund.
I have ordered one and paid with Paypal, we will see if it turns up.

Rorschach":tr16jjjv said:
The same saw is listed with other sellers as a complete kit for almost £700.

My suspicion is that is one of the scam listings that I have seen before, items sold as very low prices and they never turn up. Not quite sure how it works thought since you get a refund.
I have ordered one and paid with Paypal, we will see if it turns up.

The company appears to have been around since 2001 and ebay name is logical for the company concerned. Doesn't look like a scam at all. Perhaps they're getting rid of slow moving stock.

Cheers all I will keep my eye on this - I am looking for a table saw.
It does look little bit too good to be true though

I took a punt last night and also payed by Paypal, Got an order confirmation but no despatch advice as yet, Will keep updated. I did notice it had gone up to £229 on their website today.

Apparently these are dispatched direct from Draper so goodness know's what the wholesale price is!

Mine just arrived. I'm not at the address as I'm away for the week, but we received three packages, one which is ~ 60 kgs and table saw shaped.

It's happening guys

I found a massive heavy object left outside the house. Goodness knows where I am going to put it now :shock:
Honestly I was expecting a no-show.

Rorschach":38h9yyka said:
Honestly I was expecting a no-show.

As said by others, Barnes have been around for a long time & they are well respected in our industry.

How they have managed to do this with Draper at that price I have no idea - 40ft container delivery is my guess.

Look forward to seeing the reviews.

I wasn't doubting the company, my thoughts were maybe it was a hack, bad employee, genuine error etc.

Rorschach":16bpej0u said:
Goodness knows where I am going to put it now :shock:

Now there's a thing.... #-o

I wonder if the good lady General can manage without the drier and the freezer?

Back