Domino set

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knappers

Established Member
Reaction score
Having cracked and bought the Domino, does anybody know where I can get a cutter and domino set for a good price or discount?
I have been following a set on Ebay, but it's fetched damn near retail...
As I'm only a hobby user, I would be prepared to buy the dominos piecemeal, but the cutter set would be very expensive to buy as individual cutters.
Any ideas or recommendations?
Thanks
Si.

You can't get Festool stuff cheaply (unless you do get one on ebay). The only way to do it is to use an ebay voucher if you get one or bargain with the Festool dealer on cut price accessories when your buying another tool.

knappers":3e0dsebn said:
Having cracked and bought the Domino, does anybody know where I can get a cutter and domino set for a good price or discount?
I have been following a set on Ebay, but it's fetched damn near retail...
As I'm only a hobby user, I would be prepared to buy the dominos piecemeal, but the cutter set would be very expensive to buy as individual cutters.
Any ideas or recommendations?
Thanks
Si.

Is this not a bit like buying a RR and then driving around the place looking for the cheapest gas :D

You know what they say.

If you have to ask the price. :lol:

Hull power tools near me have the 100volt domino and systainer kit with 1200 dominos and 4 cutters for £700 at the minute. I think thats pretty cheap compared to some prices iv seen.. Im not sure if the offer is on unless you buy the 2 together tho.

He cant discount the domino on its own or he'l lose his dealership with them.

Well, what a game that has been...
Just before seeing the post about the Anglia tools deal, I had got a tip off about Rutlands having the set for £129, so promptly ordered one.
I then see the above post, so sent an email cancelling my Rutlands order.
I just checked with Anglia - they screwed up and the sets on their website don't have the cutters included. The only one they can offer with the cutters is the new T-Loc systainer at £160 +VAT.
So... I have just had to ring Rutlands and see if they can reinstate my order from yesterday, even though the item is no longe on their website.
They say it's all sorted.. but knowing their reputation, anything is possible.
We will wait and see.
Si.

Rutlands in general are very good - I've ordered from them on many occasions and I've never had any undue problems. There seem to be a few vocal whingers on this forum that are giving them a bad name.

Steve

hi knappers after i tipped you i read the post about anglian tools this morning . I looked and thought whoops thats even cheaper than rutlands but i sussed that it didnt include the cutters thats why it looked so cheap. Dont worry about rutlands they have been great for me in the 2 times ive bought from them. Youve still got a good deal as that set is going for about £170 evertwhere else.

What's even more confusing is that Anglian tools have another domino set on their website for £20 more, but that doesn't contain the cutters either.

Si

Si,

You should know by tomorrow all being well. I ordered some bits yesterday and they were waiting for me when I returned today.

Edit - More likely Monday, I forget it's Friday today :lol:

I have ordered quite a lot from rutlands on a fair number of times, never had a problem apart from when i ordered the graphite pencils, 1 was damaged slightly and 1 was snapped again not a problem as they could be cut and used no problem. I dropped them an e-mail saying it would be better if they sent them out in cardboard tube's and it was not worth me sending 2 back as it would cost more in postage than it was for the total lol...

The next day i had a parcel, 10 new carbon pencils in a tube and an apology, Not many places do that nowadays.

Cheers

Dave

Gary":34wuj2ry said:
Si,

I thought that , but my last order with them turned up on a saturday morning after ordering on a Friday. It was small enough for the postman to deliver though.

chippy1970":5eum6oce said:
Gary":5eum6oce said:
Si,

I thought that , but my last order with them turned up on a saturday morning after ordering on a Friday. It was small enough for the postman to deliver though.

That's what you get from working Monday to Friday for the first time in god knows how long. (homer)

As for those dominos on eBay, yes they definitely look like home made jobs to me. Well dodgy.

Si

promhandicam":2y9qioaz said:
Rutlands in general are very good - I've ordered from them on many occasions and I've never had any undue problems. There seem to be a few vocal whingers on this forum that are giving them a bad name.

Steve

thats no more accurate than saying that rutlands are "in general" a pile of pineapple but there are some who have recieved good service from them and are very vocal about it.

you cant generalise either way - some like steve have had excellent service, some like me have been buggered about with non existent sales goods and items that arive damaged

You pays your money and takes your chance.

Latest posts

Back