did anyone see topgear?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tombo

Established Member
Reaction score
I know its a love it or hate it program...I am of the former

I just watched it this evening :shock: reliant robin turned into a space shuttle! Wow it looked like the real thing when it blasted off still cant believe they did it

a robin isnt even a car so they went way off topic but it was good to watch

it was funny watching it all getting built, but that moment when the engines blew into life and it actually looked like a rocket was priceless, absolutely fantastic. their faces were a picture, almost, 'blimey it's actually going'

I do enjoy Topgear. And the Missus actually enjoys it (but only because they act like little children, not because she is a petrolhead :lol: )
Watching the rocket lift off was fantastic. The mushroom cloud as it hit the ground has also quite good..... :roll:
Cheers
Philly :D

I've no interest in cars but it's the best comedy show on TV! :D

A delightful mix of in-your-face humour from the three nutters and more subtle stuff, such as what crazy CD the Stig will have playing while he's hurtling around the track at break-neck speeds. One of the all-time classics was the blind man driving round the circuit in the 'reasonably priced car' faster than Terry Wogan and the late Richard Whitely.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

I still chuckly when I recall the sight of the ToyBota capsizing last year - priceless.

Andy

Top Gear - compulsive viewing....saw Hammond's crash :shock: in the first episode, he's a very, very lucky lad to survive that one - Rob

I have met all three and they are all exactly like that in real life. Although Jeremy looks ancient!

I do like the programme, but you can't help wondering where all the money comes from.

I think TopGear's reputation for being controversial is overrated, not to mention played for all it's worth.

As a rule I don't watch the telly, or like cars much, but it's one of a few shows I'd happily sit in front of doing nothing for a whole hour (maybe not a whole hour, but definitely 45 minutes).

WiZeR":2tx03y3d said:
I do like the programme, but you can't help wondering where all the money comes from.
Yeah, any enjoyment I might have is spoiled a little by wondering why the heck the licence fee payer should be bankrolling those twits to go on endless jollies... :?

Cheers, Alf

Not a fan, but then not exactly in the demographic they aim for.

I wouldn't mind betting that Top Gear probably recoups more of its cost (via overseas sales) than some of the more cerebral BBC programmes. I certainly watched it in Dutch at Christmas.

Andy

Apparantly its seen by about 250,000,000 :shock: people worldwide.....got to be a load of dosh in there somewhere :D - Rob

Jane and the Dragon gets the vote from this household too. It's the only thing that's definitly watched round here

Mike

Steve, here you go.

Jane and the Dragon 9:00am - 9:35am Five
VIDEO Plus+: 3930298

Dragon Egg

Animation about a young girl in a medieval court and her friendship with a dragon. The Merchant's new consignment of supplies contains an incredible object: a dragon's egg. Jane knows it is fake, but Ivon is taken in by the scam and decides to buy the egg. But the egg goes to a surprise highest bidder - Dragon! When Jane finds proof that the egg is indeed phoney, her biggest problem is exacting a revenge on the Merchant that doesn't involve Dragon roasting him.

Andy

My favourite episode involved the dragon eating a surfeit of carrot based confections and thus emitting fire from both ends. :)

It's made by the Weta workshop (of Lord of the Rings renown), the animation is rather good.

cheers Mike

Back