Diamond Scroll Saw Video

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that, being a Diamond owner I found it very interesting, however two complaints, One I found the background music(?) both unnecessary and very annoying! Why do people feel that have to put music on everything? the blokes commentary and the whirl of the saw was perfectly adequate without any background music.
Secondly the person said that the Diamond used an induction motor which is not true, induction motors do not have carbon brushes! The motor used is a universal series wound motor and the one on this saw is what is known as a Carter-Romford motor, this particular motor was commonly used on twin tub spindryer especially used on Servis machines!

However I suppose I should be doing my own Diamond saw video rather than criticising one someone else was good enough to take the time to do!

Thanks again for posting the link.:)

Many thanks for the link--- I've always felt I have missed something never having used a Diamond saw

John

jonluv":2bjrakie said:
Many thanks for the link--- I've always felt I have missed something never having used a Diamond saw

John
Depending on what other saws you have used you may or may not have missed out! Compared to some saws on the market the Diamond is a well made reliable quality saw that is very versatile but it does have several disadvantages to some better saws one is that it does vibrate quite a lot unless bolted down on a very strong table or stand, and even then is still no where near as quiet and smooth as a Hegner especially on the faster speeds, also it has a noisy series wound c/b motor rather than a smoother induction motor on other saws, blade tensioning is also very slow compared to saws with quick cam tension levers which makes it a pain if doing lots of cut-outs. Doug Woodward was working on these issues and had he lived I am sure the saw would be a much better machine today.

scrimper":1jfk1slh said:
Thanks for that, being a Diamond owner I found it very interesting, however two complaints, One I found the background music(?) both unnecessary and very annoying! Why do people feel that have to put music on everything? the blokes commentary and the whirl of the saw was perfectly adequate without any background music.
Secondly the person said that the Diamond used an induction motor which is not true, induction motors do not have carbon brushes! The motor used is a universal series wound motor and the one on this saw is what is known as a Carter-Romford motor, this particular motor was commonly used on twin tub spindryer especially used on Servis machines!

However I suppose I should be doing my own Diamond saw video rather than criticising one someone else was good enough to take the time to do!

Thanks again for posting the link.:)

Must say scrimper, I agree with both of your complaints as I've never liked background music on this type of video and no, it's not an induction motor as he stated.
You only have to look at those blooming great sticky-out brush holders on the motor clearly shown at around 5 minutes into the video to see that !

Did anyone spot the 'Rena' aquarium air pump at 1.16 minutes in ?

I did say videos of Diamond saws are rare so it would be great if you did one. Members here would really appreciate it ! =D>

Scrollerman":5cd7akq8 said:
clearly shown at around 5 minutes into the video to see that !

Mine has one of those fitted. In case anyone wonders it is for the sawdust blower!

scrimper":2lqrcp78 said:
Scrollerman":2lqrcp78 said:

Mine has one of those fitted. In case anyone wonders it is for the sawdust blower!

scrimper....I'm glad you pointed that out. It saves members wondering if there was anything fishy about it ! :roll:

Back