Diabetics feet! Who needs feet anyway...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck amigo , get well soon. So sorry about your dog as well. As a dog person as well, I have some idea how this feels. As always my family and I are pulling for ya , so, chin high and keep positive.

phil.p":1ugrh3h6 said:
I'll lose the whole leg at some stage, anyway.

Scrap them thoughts fella, they'll do you no good.
Good luck for tomorrow my friend.

Now I've seen the inside. :shock:

While I was waiting I saw a woman wheel her mother into the waiting room. Mother was well overweight and had both feet bound up. Daughter must have weighed 20 stone and sat and ate a cheeseburger. Preaching doesn't come naturally to me being an ex 40 a day man and a person who could sink a couple of dozen pints without thinking about it, but I seriously wonder about some people. (The years of doing that are long gone, of course. :D)

Glad it went well Phil. Plus you'll have a great shark story to tell young kids.

I had a diabetics checkup as well, also checked my feet. Fortunately I wasn't goinmg around long enough for any damage to have occured and my HBA1C was down to 5.4 so the doctor thought the medication was working real well (januvia+metformin combo pill + long acting insulin shot every night). Hoping I can keep this under check for the rest of my life (35 now) so I don't have to suffer the same fate as Phil.

Fascinating, portentous and difficult to read. I'm incredibly sorry about your suffering and really hope your luck changes.

Also very sorry to hear about your dog.

Thanks for posting this.

Best wishes

Stephen

My wife's just been showing me a video of me moving my feet while I'm sleeping, I know I do it while I'm drifting off, a sort of restless leg syndrome I think. Hoping this will help promote/maintain circulation now you've put it on my watch list.

Best of luck with the recovery Phil. What an ordeal you've had to put up with and what a fabulous lesson in mental health, balance and humour you continue to demonstrate. As I type, my youngest is in theatre (5 hours now) with major bone surgery in one of his lower legs so the whole hospital theme is with us right now. Your tale is a salutary lesson and that's for sure

Keep smiling mate.

My problem at the moment is that the artery the surgeon would like to get at is directly under this -
DSCN2082.JPG

DSCN2081.JPG

So tomorrow it's another angioplasty in an attempt to get that ulcer plus another small one and the amputation site (the big toe) to heal.
Onwards and upwards an' all that ... :D

Attachments

• DSCN2082.JPG
    DSCN2082.JPG
    237.2 KB · Views: 1,136
  • DSCN2081.JPG
    DSCN2081.JPG
    233.2 KB · Views: 1,136
Phil

Recently read about a new FDA Approved treatment in diatribe, a US diabetes blog/newsletter. I suspect its not generally available over here BUT there is a process called Individual Patient Commissioning that allows for things not on the normal NHS menu.
https://diatribe.org/drugdevice-name/omnigraft

Speak to the consultant/GP about it - NOT the nurse. It will need an individual funding and they will need to do the application.
And take no rubbish about no money - there is plenty of money £116 billion pa, they just need to spend it better.

Brian

Brian

Latest posts

Back