Diabetics feet! Who needs feet anyway...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doc told me to continue eating the right foods and I would keep losing weight steadily. I might even get my blood pressure down, and banish high blood sugar. Only problem is since when are Wheaties, porridge, spuds and pasta the right foods for diabetics? My weight is falling, and I am getting my carbs from green veggies and low GI fruits. My fat intake is through the roof, and everything is reading A1. The legs are still blotchy but they aren't swelling up with water so much now. I have to go for a Type 2 screen in September. I am hoping the results are good!
I feel fine. But I am still watching the legs as the skin is fragile and scrage easily.

Rolled oats are best, they're low G.I. - mix cinnamon with them, even better. I'm guilty of eating far too much fruit - necessity, I'm afraid, otherwise I'd be on prescription laxatives permanently - it goes with the opioids. They put me on amtriptyline as well as morphine as I was taking too much morphine. My friend is a GP and he's being saying for years that the medical profession were blaming fat for everyone's ill health when they should have been worrying about sugar.

I grew up in close contact with a grandfather who suffered from a combination of a weak heart and diabetic legs and rather severe complications caused by a rather severe frostbite he got at the frontline during the war.

I got to know my grandfather as a man who could not ever give up and always did his best to survive and recover as far as possible. A kind of super-survivor. All this while suffering from post traumatic stress as they call it nowadays. In Finland it was just called "having been to war". Everyone knew what is was all about. No need for fancy names. A whole generation had been there.

I can assure you Phil that super stringent care of your wounds plus suitably light leg excercise to increase bloodflow (please discuss this with your doctor) may with some likelyhood make wonders and surprise the doctors. I hope you take the chance. You just have to do your job every day year out and year in. Never ever postpone it to another day.
Maybe you cannot resque your entire limb anymore but the more of it you can keep the more useful the stump will be. A footless leg is a lot better than no leg at all....... and half a foot on the leg is even better.

My grandfather was 58 when the doctors told him he had a couple of years left to live and that they will soon be forced to aputate both his legs. They kept telling him that same thing until he died at age 80 from complications after having his foot amputated. The other foot was still sound except for a few toes. As I said he couldn't give up!

I miss him.

Unfortunately as I have another ulcer the same size above the ankle, I think this'll be a below knee amputation rather than a guillotine across the foot. I just have to wait and see whether he'll do an arterial graft. Life can be difficult enough with only one leg - I'd rather not think about having none. :(

Christ Phil man!!! Don't you get a break, what were you Jack the Ripper in a previous life??
Gotta' keep positive on this one, don't go getting in the doldrums mate.

******* hell Phil :(

As Nolegs orders, chin up and keep fighting.

Perhaps I can distract you with a project?

Now we are successfully on the road to leaving the EU (?) there's a more important issue to address, which is of course getting rid of the BBC and the poxy license fee we pay :D
So any ideas for the campaign name?
How many petition votes do we need to be heard in parliament :D

Perhaps we can give the BBC to the EU?

No skills":2qvxi0tj said:
Now we are successfully on the road to leaving the EU (?) there's a more important issue to address, which is of course getting rid of the BBC and the poxy license fee we pay :D
So any ideas for the campaign name?
How many petition votes do we need to be heard in parliament :D

Perhaps we can give the BBC to the EU?

:lol:
Love it :lol:

:D

BBCZIT?

BBBYEBYE?

BBGIVEMYMONEYBACKTOSSERS?

I'm sure these are contenders for the name of the REAL campaign of 2016.

Let's leave the BBC and make TV great again! (See what i did there?)

Seems a little strange to thank someone for the news that their toe is coming off. But I was thanking for the fact the news is not worse. Keep your chin up Mr P. Thinking of you.
All the best fella.

Bloody hell Phil. Keeps coming your way. I hope the tide turns soon fella.

Hey fella, I hope this next procedure gets you a lot closer to staying healthy :wink:
Sorry to hear about the dog mate. Make your time with him the best you possibly can.

I had 2 big toenails whipped off and that was an ordeal. Glad I did it but hat's off to you Phil. Wishing you all the best and good on you for taking the initiative.

Tomorrow's the big day, me and it part company. I'll be glad, but it won't surprise me to wake up (it's a general) minus a bit more than was intended. :( Still, I can but take it as it comes - I'll lose the whole leg at some stage, anyway.

Back