Diabetics feet! Who needs feet anyway...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
worn thumbs":2zj20n15 said:
I admire your fortitude in the face of such adversity.Thank you for helping to put our mundane concerns into their correct context.

I could not have put it better than that. Keep going Phil.
xy

phil.p":1vl37n7b said:
Thank you both. It went OK, and it was just the toe. Seven down, three to go. :D
Good news in a way Phil .........what are they doing trying to collect a full set? 9-)
Good on ya mate and keep ya pecker up!
Brian :)

worn thumbs":2ofaopi7 said:
I admire your fortitude in the face of such adversity.Thank you for helping to put our mundane concerns into their correct context.

Thanks, it does change your perspective a bit - when I first had the major amputations we were in the local pub and someone said they had a disastrous year, his wife had lost her job and their dog had died. I replied mine wasn't up to much, either - I'd had two major amputations and I'd lost £40,000 in less than a year when I sold the house. It went rather quiet. :D

It gets worse. Tuesday, if not Wednesday the leg comes off because of the infection - if I'm lucky, below knee. :shock:
I will have no internet for quite a while, so please excuse any unanswered posts. Hopefully when I get to a smaller hospital by now they'll have caught up with the world.

worn thumbs":2ntgh8ep said:
Absolutely.
I hope things will go as well as they can for you.

thinking of you Phil. your bad luck has made me think seriously about diet, exercise and similar over the last year.

Best of luck mi amigo, wife and I are with you in spirit as much as is possible and then some. If good wishes count for anything you should come out not only fine but wealthy as well.
Pullin' for ya , Mike.

Oh dung.
Not the news I wanted to hear about you Phil, was hoping the last op would be the last one for a long while.
Keep that positive attitude you have. I'll be thinking of you.
All the best my friend.

Best of luck mate. I have followed this thread for a while and I am amazed at your fortitude and 'never let it get me down attitude.' This thread should be compulsory reading for everyone.

Mike

Many thanks to those who have posted their good wishes. I'm home again eight days after the op. It was pretty decisive - it is a near perfect low beneath knee amputation according to one consultant.
DSCN2199.JPG

Who needs feet like that?
DSCN2203.JPG

Much less pain. :D

Attachments

• DSCN2203.JPG
    DSCN2203.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 747
  • DSCN2199.JPG
    DSCN2199.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 737

Latest posts