Diabetics feet! Who needs feet anyway...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lurker":2yt6s5tk said:
Benchwayze":2yt6s5tk said:
The other day I almost had a very embarrassing interlude in the middle of Sutton Coldfield! :shock:

:ho2

Its a real bind when a bloke can't f*a*r*t at any time he choses :D

It was so bad I dared not even try! I just made it to the public depository! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Benchwayze":1vgf6d4b said:
phil.p":1vgf6d4b said:
I suspect the reasoning behind the lowering of threshold is simply that it is easy to treat with relatively cheap drugs before the limb amputations, blindness, unemployment etc. cost an awful lot more. I don't know that there are many downsides to the drugs (certainly the four I'm on) other than that one in particular (metformin) gives people stomach trouble.

Metformin eh? I have been taking it for about 12 months now. I wonder if that's why I have frequent bouts of the runs! (I can't spell diarrhea) The other day I almost had a very embarrassing interlude in the middle of Sutton Coldfield! :shock:

:ho2

You can get slow release metformin that has helped some that I know - its more expensive so be prepared to counter the 'no money' whinge.

Brian

When I started on Metformin it made me fart like Kenny Ball, it was great! 'Not my fault', 'it's my meds' etc.

The effect has worn off a bit now, but I haven't told SWMBO.

Try metformin and sugarfree sweets. Can give you a hole day on the white chair.

Exercise - thought this T shirt would be appropriate for this thread
IMG_20161202_170323 resize.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20161202_170323 resize.jpg
    IMG_20161202_170323 resize.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,044
Well. Friday 2nd and a visit to the foot clinic. Amputation and ulcers look much the same so they call vascular consultant who looks at foot and infected groin. I'm going nowhere. Emergency angioplasty and the leg gets opened up again to tie off three arteries that have for some reason grown out of the main artery in the thigh straight across and back into the vein, thus bypassing the leg. You know I said you got lucky last time, said my consultant, well you got luckier again - I found a working valve that shouldn't have been working and a blocked graft that didn't show on the the angio or the ultrasound. The vacuum pump on the groin wound (cut back to clean flesh) is a small (but unpleasant) price to pay. Onwards and upwards!

All my very best Phil. You're in my thoughts fwiw. You are one brave soul fella. Inspirational man. Good luck and hope all goes well. As you seem to have the luck of a 1000 cats I'm sure all will be fine.
Best regards
Chris

And so the saga runs on. Another week in hospital, another week of intravenous metronidazole and fluclox. The plumbing worked well (my consultant thought it had given up) and I have a quite good artery ... pity they destroyed the best vein in the process. I now have the problem of pee poor veins instead of a pee poor artery. Got a leg for a while longer, though. If you don't like the idea of people poking wires down your arteries, it's best not to have eleven angioplasties. :(

Jesus Christ I've just read this thread and it's very sobering. To think something that is supposed easily controlled can cause so much damage and hurt is frightening. Best of luck and wishes Phil.

The seventh toe goes tomorrow. That's if I'm lucky, if I'm not it'll be the front of the foot. :(
The pain clinic wrote and told me they hope to give me an appointment in eleven weeks - maybe they think I take morphine, codeine and nortriptyline for fun. :? :D

Sorry to hear of the need for more surgery amigo. If it will help , maybe my trip to hospital today might cheer you some. My chemotherapy went well and I get at least the whole summer to try and grow some hair back (I look a bit like Beaky Buzzard from the old Bugs Bunny 'toons). This makes 6 plus YEARS since being diagnosed stage four and inoperable. Take hope amigo , I got faith in you , so you should too.
Best wishes, Mike.

I admire your fortitude in the face of such adversity.Thank you for helping to put our mundane concerns into their correct context.

Back