Dewalt ?????

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The odd thing is, is that the seller has 100% feedback.

I would love to know how he has manged that if he is trying to pull a fast one like this.

Tom

Fake Chinese Rubbish - Seen this sort of thing on ebay before! #-o #-o #-o

On first glance it looks like a DW613 but it lacks the black top and the handles don't look right. I don't ever recall a DW router on such a case with cutters - looks like a cheap Chaiwanese job and the guy has stuck a DeWalt label from a different tool on it I would say. One day auction my ****. I've reported him.

John

moz":z4ookwym said:
On first glance it looks like a DW613 but it lacks the black top and the handles don't look right. I don't ever recall a DW router on such a case with cutters - looks like a cheap Chaiwanese job and the guy has stuck a DeWalt label from a different tool on it I would say. One day auction my ****. I've reported him.

John

Dodge":z4ookwym said:
moz":z4ookwym said:
I've reported him.

Me too!

can I take it that both of you also contacted the seller of the item as it could be a genuine mistake and made them aware of it ???????

more so as the seller feed back so far is 100% with 905 transactions and it is cash on collection....Not really the way someone goes about ripping you off is it ?????????????

Roger

Yes of course, Roger. To be fair, he replied and said he bought it from Ebay in food faith and will 'look into it'.

John

RogerBoyle":27vwu76a said:
can I take it that both of you also contacted the seller of the item as it could be a genuine mistake and made them aware of it ???????

more so as the seller feed back so far is 100% with 905 transactions and it is cash on collection....Not really the way someone goes about ripping you off is it ?????????????

Roger

Looks a 100% fake to me as well. never seen a label on a dewalt router which says "rotary hammer drill" :? Certainly not on any of my stuff.

1 day sales / brand new stuff - the guy is a dealer and as such would be very strange if he doesn't know what he's doing IMO.

Seller is a woman and vast majority of sales are clothing and misc stuff. feedback count is last 12 months only and does have a number of very negative comments if you go back further. My guess is that it's possibly a partner selling on her account. either that or she's been conned and is trying to pass it on. Labels on the rotary laser she's selling look a bit more authentic though ot looks like an 073 model which is discontinued. price is still far too low for a brand new genuine item however so I'd still be suspicious. - If it's too good to be true etc :roll:

cheers

Bob

Bob

RogerBoyle":3qpd7kxx said:

Roger

Yes it is. Although it maybe a genuine mistake but cash on collection not only go against eBay rules it means the seller has no protection from PayPal. If the buyer reported it as fake after receiving the goods and paid with PayPal, PayPal would take the cash back off the seller and investigate. If there is no PayPal protection then all the buyer has the hope that the seller is genuine, of cause if the seller was pulling a fast one, when the buyer comes back to complain he will tell him to pipper off or be hurt if he don't pull the you brought it as you saw it.

His feed back looks good so I doubt he is aware.

Looked at her buying feedback and she bought it in April for £25.99, so I guess she has been caught out, although the original seller just described it as a woodwork router.

Tom

First and foremost
I agree that it is a clone/rubbish copy of a dewalt and somebody has stuck a sticker from a drill on it.

I prefer cash on collection simply because i get the items in my hand before i part with my hard earned.. ( I also get a receipt as i tend to type them up and take them with me to prevent the "money hasn't been paid" claims)

Hudson

It is not against E-bay policy to have cash on collection as a payment method

* Permitted
Sellers may offer to accept:

* PayPal (all sellers must offer PayPal in their listings)
* Credit cards (including MasterCard, Visa, American Express), debit cards (Visa, Electron, Maestro), and bank electronic payments
* Payment upon pick up
* Permitted online payment services (see Some Examples section) below

The protection that you get from paypal is laughable

Fact

1. If the seller has no money in his account Paypal do nothing and e mail you to this effect so kiss your money goodbye but they will still let the seller trade
2. you then have to get your credit card company to get your money back good luck with that approach if its a debit card as they legally do not offer the same levels of protection as credit cards

Now if you were to ask me did i think it was dodgy then i would say yes
But i would at least get in touch with the seller first and see what She /he /whoever LOL
had to say about it before going on to a public forum and saying its fraud especially in this litigious day and age that we live in

Roger

PS I see the listing has changed now

RogerBoyle":k1x96bp1 said:
Fact

1. If the seller has no money in his account Paypal do nothing and e mail you to this effect so kiss your money goodbye but they will still let the seller trade

I have had charge backs via paypal and if there is no money in the account it still refunds the buyer then puts you in a negative balance

This was the case a few years back but for some while PayPal will reimburse the buyer even if the seller does not have a balance in their account. They will then block the seller's PayPal account until they have their money.

"After reviewing a claim, we will decide on reimbursement and refund 100% of your payment (including postage costs) if we decide in your favour."

PS I see the listing has changed now

... she is getting a bit cross with all you "experts" :)

When I was trading on eBay they told me Cash on Delivery is no longer permitted? I reached powerseller before I moved on to other things and one of the conditions I had to adhere to was not offering cash on delivery.

I must say being a victim of a rip off on something I brought on eBay, PayPal's buyer protection did me well. They taken the money back off the seller and back into my PayPal account. Also as a Powerseller I naturally had one or two hicups with customers and even though I had removed all my funds from PayPal, when these hicups happened, PayPal put my account into the negative and asked me to transfer some money in or they will close my account and send debt to collectors etc (the normal scare tactics).

My views on PayPal are yes they rob you, yes you need to shout at them down the phone once in a while but overall there buyer protection works well and is a worthwhile protection to have.

See it goes to show that you learn something new everyday

RogerP":1roxk107 said:

This was the case a few years back but for some while PayPal will reimburse the buyer even if the seller does not have a balance in their account. They will then block the seller's PayPal account until they have their money.

"After reviewing a claim, we will decide on reimbursement and refund 100% of your payment (including postage costs) if we decide in your favour."

I think it's the differance between a personal paypal account and a business account. With my business account I'm 100% sure they will just refund. Makes me laugh as it's nowt to do with paypal it's law, if someone wants their money back you have to give it um. I get the odd ones where the buyer has not read the lead times so if I've only just drawn to the bank it ends up negative.

we're going O/T again, to me it's a fake and needed reporting genuine mistake or not

I see that the seller has now removed the references to it being a dewalt and have applied the following to the text about the item :-

after a couple of emails from people that claim to be "experts"

i list my items as i see them i DO NOT try to claim things to be what they arent

this item is a router that is brand new never been used it has a dewalt sticker on and is in exact same condition as it was bought from another ebayer.

i am decluttering so there will be many different items on here

im not a tradesman, i have no knowledge of tools, i list things as they appear in front of me.so please "experts" keep your knowledge to yourself as this is a collection only item buyers will have the opportunity to view the item.

i apologise to all genuine bidders but it needed to be said :)

(hammer) (hammer) (hammer) (hammer) (hammer)

Latest posts

Back