Demolition Bars

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donkeyoaty

Reaction score
???? what's a 'demolition bar'? catalogue i'm using lists demolition, handy & utility bars but doesn't distinguish between them. what would you guys refer to as a demolition bar?

big bar- about 6ft long, chisel on one end, point on the other. sometimes hexagonal, sometimes round in cross section.

I would guess the others are "crow bars", and something in between.

Hmmmmm, that sounds like a large crowbar to me ........ being that technically, that's the only kind of bar which is actually called a 'crowbar'. Large crowbar or a digging bar? Both are pointed one end, chisel at the other, hexagonal or round shaft.

There's nothing like that in the section of the catalogue I'm working with, anyway. ???

I'VE JUST ABOUT HAD ENOUGH OF BAR CONFUSION

Demolition bars are generally straight and extra long (6' or so) thick section. A crow bar is anything from 2' to 4' long and has a heel end like a claw hammer. A pry bar is just a smaller crow bar either round or hex section or even a flat section.

One of these:
10294.jpg
They come in various other shapes and sizes.

Large Nailbars/Crowbars are often called Wrecking Bars similar in shape to that in Jacob's photogragh, and I believe a Demolition Bar is another name for the Wrecking Bar.
John

As MMUK says, and it is heavy to lift. Some may know it as a pinch bar. The wrecking bar by Jacob is also known up here as a spudile by the old boys. (think the spelling is correct) The demolition bar relies on its weight to do some of the work. Best wsihes to all.

Latest posts

Back