Delta bandsaw spares

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello

I have busted :cry: my Delta 28-185 bandsaw and need the bracket that holds / tensions the top wheel. I have done a search on the net and have found someone in the states who can supply the said piece. However, shipping costs and delivery times are off putting. :( Anyone know of a UK supplier of Delta or equivilant spares please? Many thanks.

I am not sure there is a UK distributer of Delta/Porter cable any more and hasn't been one for a while.

Could you not take the bracket to a local engineering firm and see if they could make you one? :)

Don't know that particular model, but a lot of the later Delta stuff was actually the generic Chaiwanese models, repainted and possibly subject to better than average quality control. So it might be worth looking through catalogues to see if its twin is out there somewhere under a different brand name. Or post a pic on here, in case someone else recognises it?

dickm":2cccdazy said:
Don't know that particular model, but a lot of the later Delta stuff was actually the generic Chaiwanese models, repainted and possibly subject to better than average quality control. So it might be worth looking through catalogues to see if its twin is out there somewhere under a different brand name. Or post a pic on here, in case someone else recognises it?
During a google search yesterday. A rexon bandsaw ( discontinued) was also the same.

I also found a Sears link which stocks Delta approved parts. According to the parts diagram part No 62 i think was needed, which was about $6 plus postage. Might be worth an email to get postage prices from them? :)

http://parts.sears.com/partsdirect/part ... 2177/00001

And a link to the bandsaw

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?start=87 ... :100,i:178

Thanks for the responses =D> . I had thought of a local engineering co. The part is a cast alloy and a forged piece would be an upgrade but I suspect the price might be quite high against the price of a cheapie saw.

I can get a spare part from the states for approx £15 inc carriage but the delivery is quoted as 35 days + :( . If I wanted quicker delivery the cost goes up to approx £55 which is not justifiable.

I think I might end up finding a piece of mild steel block and making a replacement.

Thoght I would ask the at the font of infinite knowledge first.

best regards

strat":310nsr6t said:
Thanks for the responses =D> . I had thought of a local engineering co. The part is a cast alloy and a forged piece would be an upgrade but I suspect the price might be quite high against the price of a cheapie saw.

I can get a spare part from the states for approx £15 inc carriage but the delivery is quoted as 35 days + :( . If I wanted quicker delivery the cost goes up to approx £55 which is not justifiable.

I think I might end up finding a piece of mild steel block and making a replacement.

best regards

ask them to ship USPS priority or express, i forget which is quicker. in my experience this is cheap, usually about 10 days and has half a chance of avoiding the import fees.

marcros":2uby5oip said:
strat":2uby5oip said:

best regards

ask them to ship USPS priority or express, i forget which is quicker. in my experience this is cheap, usually about 10 days and has half a chance of avoiding the import fees.

At that price no vat/ import duties will need to be paid. Anything under £15 is exempt :)

Back