Degreaser - which is best value and does the job.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Inspector,
in all my years have never seen that in the UK or anywhere else for that matter......
obv your more envoir friendly that us.....
We had a spill of heating oil, the building behind my garden had some people steal some of the heating oil from their tank and broke the tap or something.
In their ridiculous stupidity the owners decided to put a load of washing up detergent on it in an effort to clean it up.
My garden sits about 350mm below their concrete slab so you can imagine where the deisel and soap all went.
I eventually called in the environmental health department when bits of the grass were randomly dying. Much testing of soil etc followed, then they removed a big section of topsoil and re turfed it.
If I dig a hole for a fence post for example I still can find it smells of diesel a couple of years later, they said eventually it will be broken down by bacteria etc.
I think they should have removed much more soil but clearly their isurance company wouldn`t pay any more.

Ollie

Latest posts

Back