DEFT Machines

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creampuff

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Just an FYI really, whilst trawling ebay for Table saws and various other machine lovelies, I stumbled upon what apears to be a new UK supplier of the rather sexy DEFT Table saw and other DEFT machines.

Might be worth a looky to anyone thinking of investing... 130460506651.
they've also got a nice little bobbin sander which i'v got my eye on.

Regards

Andy

I wonder if this is a resurrection of 'Lyndhurst' - or is it just a coincidence that it's near Bristol. But no matter what, the DEFT kit seemed to be well received.

Misterfish

alternately wasnt there a mermber here who was looking at importing them, maybe its him ?

As a DEFT owner I was contacted by one of our members who has just bought one - so watch this space.

Looks very much like the previous importer is back in business?

Excellent saws too :)

Rod

Harbo":ottgy42s said:
As a DEFT owner I was contacted by one of our members who has just bought one - so watch this space.

Looks very much like the previous importer is back in business?

Excellent saws too :)

Rod

Thanks Rod

Yep i purchased one of these last week from this seller.

Received the saw within 3 days of paying. Not had time to put it together as of yet but the service i received was brilliant.

Id have bought a DEFT if they hadn't been out of buisness when I was buying. At £950 can't go wrong for that sort of class machine.

I've been looking for a DEFT saw table, in vain; that was until I came across your postings. 'Great', I thought, but then I couldn't figure out the contact details for DEFT which were posted or I couldn't find them. So I'd be grateful if one of you would give me the DEFT suppliers contact details please. Thanks in anticipation Tony

So are these saws a lot better than the Axminster equivalent? I was going to buy the Axminster but this has got me seriously reconsidering! It looks pretty tasty but if I just look at it as just a bare saw, without the sliding table and extension table, its £900 versus £580 for the Axminster!

Anyone seen both?

I emailed the guy and he reckons he'll have more listed next week if anyones interested!

loot":pe45f7tt said:
So are these saws a lot better than the Axminster equivalent? I was going to buy the Axminster but this has got me seriously reconsidering! It looks pretty tasty but if I just look at it as just a bare saw, without the sliding table and extension table, its £900 versus £580 for the Axminster!

Anyone seen both?

I emailed the guy and he reckons he'll have more listed next week if anyones interested!

I have been making the same comparison myself.

I visited one of the Axminster shops and took a close look at their saw and was suitably impressed. A very solid unit and I was happy with the fence movement, which always seems to me to be a weakness on cheaper saws.
The Deft saw does look quite a bit better in finish quality though, but I have not actually seen one of these in person.

I like the look of the Deft saw, and it comes with good recommendations from owners on this site, but I am concerned about whether there is any warranty and the potential lack of support for spares.

Also they are being sold by auction on e-bay and the last one sold went for £1270 plus delivery charges. :shock:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130476706713&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

As much as I like the look of the Deft Saw, I would find it very hard to justify the cost differential for hobby use.
For a professional shop it may be different, but on the other hand there are quite a few heavy duty cast iron saws around on e-bay for professional use.

I do not think there is any comparison between the £580 Axminster and the DEFT. I always considered the DEFT on a par with the Xcalibur Saws (from Woodford Woodworking Machinery) which cost about £1200?

Have a look at the videos on the Laguna Tools site - the DEFT is identical apart from fence and crown guard details. You can see the quality of the innards from them. The DEFT is a very heavy saw with lots of cast iron.

http://www.lagunatools.com/tablesaws/tablesaw-platinumlt#

I bought mine with lots of extras for £850 and I think others have gone recently for £950? If you are bidding on Ebay stick to your upper limit?

Rod

Thanks guys, i actually went to Axminster yesterday to look at and purchase their saw but they didn't have it in stock so I guess they've missed their chance. I'm gonna wait to see if the DEFT turns up on ebay next week!

Rod it sounds like you would thoroughly recommend the purchase? You got any pics?

Also did you pay paypal? Just a bit worried as its quite a bit of cash!

Cheers Loo

Not the best picture, but the only one I have posted at imageshack:

deftig4.jpg

Found some earlier posts - I paid £795 for mine pretty sure I paid by Paypal but that was a few years ago.

Beardo16 bought one recently with no problems?

The stuff on the Laguna site will give more info - they are the same machines.

Rod

Hello guys,

I have also the Deft table saw and I love him everyday, it's really a great machine and I'm only a hobbyist.
In the US you see this table saw a lot and the reviews are always good, the Grizzly G0690 is also a Deft,
see http://www.grizzly.com/products/10-3HP-220V-Cabinet-Table-Saw-with-Riving-Knife/G0690
I bought the Deft a couple off years ago and they bring the Deft to the Netherlands (and also to France)
Don't think, take the Deft :p

Good luck Schummie.

This is my Deft, when I bought him and he is still great to see.

3755733312_1e380847d3_z.jpg

Yep I got all that for £795.

Perhaps if they are available across the Channel it might be worth shipping/transporting them over here?

Rod

Latest posts

Back