David Charlesworth

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In all seriousness, he would do better staying in a German hospital rather than moving to an NHS hospital.

Good to hear he's improving. It's probably been said before, but how old is David? This is normally not so serious an infection unless in the very young or elderly. I'm figuring he must be in the latter group.

Fromey":l4k5c5uv said:
In all seriousness, he would do better staying in a German hospital rather than moving to an NHS hospital.
Oh I dunno. NHS gets knocked a bit to much IMHO. Our experience has been first rate, especially with major events.
Either way he'll be getting top class treatment thanks to the NHS and reciprocal EU health care arrangements, free of charge - unless he's well off and paying for it privately.

Glad to hear David's improving and will soon be back nearer home.

I agree with Jacob about the NHS. When I was in the BRI I was looked after very well in the ICU, and - with very few exceptions - by the surgical team and the nursing staff. I'm alive today thanks to them.

Anyway David - get well soon!

Les

Hi Folks, spoke to John this afternoon, they had David up walking for the first time today. Weak as you can well imagine but this is all part of the road to recovery. The intent was to air ambulance him back to UK today but the doctors want him to be more mobile before this happens. Support has been great, they have had to order more books from the publishers, allways a good sign. cheers
Rob

Jacob":33kf7mao said:
Fromey":33kf7mao said:
Oh I dunno. NHS gets knocked a bit to much IMHO. Our experience has been first rate, especially with major events.
Either way he'll be getting top class treatment thanks to the NHS and reciprocal EU health care arrangements, free of charge - unless he's well off and paying for it privately.
I have to agree with Jacob yet again...I've had the same experiences with the NHS. When your back's against the wall, they deliver...free & gratis :wink: - Rob

Back